New stimmer, questions inside

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Andypandy
Active

New stimmer, questions inside

Post by Andypandy »

Hello all!

I recenty upgraded from a rechargeable rather weak buttblug with some form of e-stim to a ‘mystim tention lover’. It’s been fun experiencing with it and my pads/rubber straps, but I wanted some more, so I bought the medium black collection and has so far been very satisfied.

After acquiring more e-stim knowledge through forums, reviews and this site, I have learned that my box is a TENS unit originally intended to numb down muscle and nerves. This might explain some of my difficulties with getting HFOs( I hope). I’ve had two HFOs since I started, and maybe 15 sessions. The journey and experience is the goal, I realise that, but who wouldnt want those HFOs?:)

Regarding my power box. What is the main difference I’m looking at if I upgrade to a box designed for play and not for numbing? Will my muscles still get numb, but it takes longer?

Which power box is recommended for a semi new stimmer? I like the thumping/ghost fucking sensation the insertable electrode gives, but I like the static/continous feeling with the loops on my penis. Is the 2B the way to go?

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Re: New stimmer, questions inside

Post by joannesReviews »

Firstly, welcome and congratulations on the HFO.

A made for play box and a TENS unit are so far apart in terms of performance and feel that it is hard to compare them except for saying once you try a made for play box you won't use your TENS again.

In terms of power and performance each is in a different league and as you say the frequencies and patterns in a TENS unit are primarily designed to deaden nerves and relieve pain whereas a made for play box is designed to stimulate.

More power also means more "Ghost Fucking", it also means you can drive bigger electrodes without the sensations becoming too weak.

Which model you go for depends on your budget with the 2B being the holy grail if you can push your budget to one. I have enjoyed all of the E-Stim Systems boxes I have tried and the 2B is definitely my favourite. I always recommend trying to go for a two-channel unit as that gives you more play options, with the ElectroPebble and 2B being good choices.

Changing modes and output can prevent numbness as can moving the electrodes during a longer play session. You are more likely to go numb with a TENS unit as that is what it is designed to do, deaden nerves and relieve pain.

The fact that you have already had some HFO with a TENS unit is a good thing :D , keep a stimming diary of settings and electrode placements when you get your new box. It will help you zone in on what settings and electrode combinations work best for you. Anyway, happy stimming and I hope you enjoy whichever box you decide to go for and please consider posting your thoughts about it on this forum as that can help others following in your footsteps.

Joanne xx
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
Andypandy
Active

Post by Andypandy »

Thanks for the reply, Joanne! I think your review of the black collection is what got me to buy one:)

Will the cables supplied in the 2B powerbox kit suffice to run my electrode from the black collection or do I need to buy the additional 3.5mm(jack) to what looks like bananaplugs with the 4mm cable?

I’m pretty certain i’ll go for the 2B at this point. Everyone speaks highly of it, and I want the best starting point for my e-stim experience.

I have not yet shown or told my girlfriend of my newfound addiction, I honestly have no clue where to start:p We have been togheter for 5 years, but I feel like e-stim is in a whole different street when it comes to play in bed activities. For those who have unveiled their secrecies, how did you do it?
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

It's good to know that you found my review of the Black Collection useful, they are rather nice.

The 2B comes with two cables with 3.5mm plugs to connect tot he 2B and 2mm plugs to connect to things like self-adhesive monopole pad electrodes. You would need to get a 3.5mm to 4mm banana plug cable (I recommend going for the low profile ones).

The 2B would be a superb choice.

As for introducing your girlfriend to it, that is a tricky one. If after you mention it to her don't be pushy, let her curiosity about it grow and stress it is for pleasure and not pain and also safe to enjoy.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?