Ideal stimming software

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
bbman87

Ideal stimming software

Post by bbman87 »

Hey,
I have been a fan of (stereo) stimming for a while now. I have a 2B and like the built in modes, but my favorite is the stereo mode (even though I'd like the output signal to be a bit closer to the raw input audio waveform). It seems like it could do so much more then just play back some simple pre-made stim tracks.
However, I can't seem to find any stimming tools that really pack everything that I like in one simple go-to application.
This usually has only one solution: make it yourself. Luckily I know how to program, and would like to start setting up a project in making this thing for real.

Things I'm looking for:
* Usable from anywhere on any device. Just as easy to use from my desktop, laptop or phone.
* Node/module based editor that can be configured and edited in real time, with nodes for:
- Waveform generators (basic LFO)
- External waveform sources (think audio playback, or funscript converters)
- Amplitude/Frequency modulators (combining multiple signals)
- Synchronization nodes (providing timestamp information for synchronization to video or other external media sources)
* Easy for other developers to extend and build new node types.
* Easy to save & load setup from previous sessions.
* Possibly, sharing sessions with people that control and change the node graph in real-time, and people just enjoying the output signal.

Does anyone know if something like this already exists? (as it would be the purpose of me spending my time on making it myself)
Also, if you just happen to have any ideas for the project, or would just like to cheer me on :D let me know!

My intuition would be to us Javascript with the Web Audio API for audio processing and some UI layer to visualize the node graph.
If there'd be any other JS developers interested in helping out, since I'm sure this is a huuuge project, feel free to leave a reply or send me a PM.
I'd be okay to setup a new javascript project on github and share the repository if someone is serious about making any contribution to this.
Fair warning though, the development from my part is gonna be rather slow as I'd only be working on it in my spare time, occasionally, as my real life keeps me busy most of the time.

StimJoy
Active

Re: Ideal stimming software

Post by StimJoy »

I took the often used, Electron site, and built a fork of it that extends its capabilities; allowing the saving of sessions and ability to "program" sequences and loops.
It's far from perfect, but is a fairly full featured JS option. I don't have the code up anywhere, but might be able to share. Like you, rather busy, even with everything going on in the world right now.
sj
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

StimJoy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:33 am I took the often used, Electron site, and built a fork of it that extends its capabilities; allowing the saving of sessions and ability to "program" sequences and loops.
It's far from perfect, but is a fairly full featured JS option. I don't have the code up anywhere, but might be able to share. Like you, rather busy, even with everything going on in the world right now.
sj

Ok. I am interested in this idea. When you get it up and running I would love to try it out..
KennyT
StimJoy
Active

Post by StimJoy »

Sounds good. You would think, during this crazy time, one would actually have more time on ones hands. I am apparently one of those exceptions, and have been even more busy with my work.
Still, I'll get something wrapped up for presentation soon.
sj