12v power adapter

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
longhorn01
Active

12v power adapter

Post by longhorn01 »

I am wondering if there is a direct 12v power adapter (cigarette lighter) that works for the 2b. I like to get out in the country, where there is no power 120v available. I have a solar charger for my 12v battery. I do not want to run an inverter to get 120v, as they tend to put out a square wave, and are hard on semiconductors, also are a major draw on a battery.

demuc1973
Active Developer

Re: 12v power adapter

Post by demuc1973 »

I think there should also be finished cables / plugs on the WWW.

:!: But I would clarify a question in advance - maybe one of the Admins can say / find out something about this: Battery systems have a certain voltage window - the term "12V" means the nominal voltage - solar systems run between 10 volts and up to 14.2 volts.
To what extent does the 2B input handle the 2.2 volt over 12 volt?

:!: And maybe also take into account: If other devices that require a lot of electricity are operated on the solar plant and one of these devices is switched on or off, the fluctuating voltage could also affect the session - e.g. the refrigerator cools during the start of the session and then switches off in the middle of the session, so the voltage increase could affect the electrode ... :mrgreen:
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

demuc1973 wrote:I think there should also be finished cables / plugs on the WWW.

:!: But I would clarify a question in advance - maybe one of the Admins can say / find out something about this: Battery systems have a certain voltage window - the term "12V" means the nominal voltage - solar systems run between 10 volts and up to 14.2 volts.
To what extent does the 2B input handle the 2.2 volt over 12 volt?

:!: And maybe also take into account: If other devices that require a lot of electricity are operated on the solar plant and one of these devices is switched on or off, the fluctuating voltage could also affect the session - e.g. the refrigerator cools during the start of the session and then switches off in the middle of the session, so the voltage increase could affect the electrode ... :mrgreen:
We do offer a device. It’s called a certified and regulated power supply. How you drive it it’s up to you. But it’s not just a ‘cable’ or a plug it protects the 2B and the user from external spikes, variable voltages and dropouts. Something just a cable cannot do.

Solar systems vary as do vehicle systems, with vehicle systems in failure mode capable of delivering considerably higher voltages and currents than normally expected, so any device would need to offer strong protection and isolation, and in our opinion and experience a mains based power supply is the best option, as they can be safely driven by numerous sources.

If you understand the risks and potential issues involved enough to create your own power supply to suit your needs then you don’t need us to supply you with a cable or a socket. If you think it’s just a bit of cable with a plug and all you need is something marked 12v, then possibly making your own is not the safest route for you.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
demuc1973
Active Developer

Post by demuc1973 »

We do offer a device. It’s called a certified and regulated power supply.
Did Google translate to me correctly? E-Stim has a 12Volt DC adapter for 2B that filters the expected disturbances of a solar system? That would of course be the best solution for longhorn01 ....

Or you was thinking the normal mains voltage power supply unit thinking ? (e.g. in Germany input 50Hz 230V AC)
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

demuc1973 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 pm
We do offer a device. It’s called a certified and regulated power supply.
Did Google translate to me correctly? E-Stim has a 12Volt DC adapter for 2B that filters the expected disturbances of a solar system? That would of course be the best solution for longhorn01 ....

Or you was thinking the normal mains voltage power supply unit thinking ? (e.g. in Germany input 50Hz 230V AC)
We offer a 12v power supply for the 2B, but not one that runs from a cigarette lighter socket, it is a mains adaptor so I think something may have been lost in translation.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
demuc1973
Active Developer

Post by demuc1973 »

...but not one that runs from a cigarette lighter socket...
Sad

Well - then longhorn01 should get a DC / DC converter (between solar power grid and 2B), at least with simple smoothing.

Input between 10Volt and 14.2. Better up to 15 volts, if affordable.
To be on the safe side, I would also look through the operating instructions for the solar system again - there should be the minimum / maximum voltage at which the system works.

The output voltage and power of the DC / DC should then correspond to that of the power supply supplied by E-Stim - I was just looking, but I can no longer read the Supermicro font on the power supply with my 47-year-old eyes ...

Maybe it would work directly - but as already described, a lot can from the solar grid to the 2B. It is just the question of whether what comes to there the 2B or you can cope with. The 2B is a bit too expensive for such attempts! (And You to!)

But maybe a power bank would be a solution: https://www.e-stim.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10086
cbtslavecom
Active

Post by cbtslavecom »

Use a PowerBank and a 5 to 12V converter. Pre-charge the PowerBank from the solar panel.
Sorry! My English is very bad.
longhorn01
Active

Post by longhorn01 »

Thank you to all whom replied:
I have decided to use a power bank, and a 5v to 12v adapter. I plan on recharging the power bank from a solar panel, when when its not in use by the 2B. Which should allow me to use any where.
Having power will be strange for me, as I normaly do primitive camping, Eating what I catch when fishing.
Electroplay
Active

Post by Electroplay »

I have a P.E.S. from Paradise. I like the long cord on it. Can I use this power supply without hurting the 2B? someone please let me know from the manufacture. Thanks for your help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Electroplay wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 pm I have a P.E.S. from Paradise. I like the long cord on it. Can I use this power supply without hurting the 2B? someone please let me know from the manufacture. Thanks for your help.
We do not recommend using power supplies from other manufacturers. Many of them do not have the correct plug, and using a non approved power supply can damage your 2B and invalidate your lifetime guarantee.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd