2mm cables disconnecting accidentally

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
erina88
Active

2mm cables disconnecting accidentally

Post by erina88 »

This has happened a few times and getting zapped is no fun.

Is there a way to keep 2mm cables from coming out? 4mm ones are ok as the grip the sockets better.

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2mm cables disconnecting accidentally

Post by admin »

what are you plugging them into? Normally with a 2mm cable the socket is the important element. Pad sockets normally have a sprung loaded contact, and conductive rubber has enough friction to retain them

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
erina88
Active

Post by erina88 »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 pm what are you plugging them into? Normally with a 2mm cable the socket is the important element. Pad sockets normally have a sprung loaded contact, and conductive rubber has enough friction to retain them

Si
The ElectraStim Prestige Electraloop and the ElectraStim medium rocket butt plug. The 2mm cables gets disconnected with a slight tug.

There are times were the cable got disconnected at the beginning. I slowly turned up the power and wondered why I felt nothing. And I got zapped with a high power several times while I frantically try to turn the 2B off
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

erina88 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm
admin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 pm what are you plugging them into? Normally with a 2mm cable the socket is the important element. Pad sockets normally have a sprung loaded contact, and conductive rubber has enough friction to retain them

Si
The ElectraStim Prestige Electraloop and the ElectraStim medium rocket butt plug. The 2mm cables gets disconnected with a slight tug.

There are times were the cable got disconnected at the beginning. I slowly turned up the power and wondered why I felt nothing. And I got zapped with a high power several times while I frantically try to turn the 2B off
Possibly because they don't use a socket with a sprung element? All of our devices that use 2mm sockets do have either a sprung element, or they use rubber that offers a tight enough grip. It does appear from your experience that not everyone offers this.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:49 pm
erina88 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Si

Possibly because they don't use a socket with a sprung element? All of our devices that use 2mm sockets do have either a sprung element, or they use rubber that offers a tight enough grip. It does appear from your experience that not everyone offers this.

Si
The mentioned electrodes are made of conductive rubber.

Could it be that the lubricant has got into the openings and therefore does not hold the 2mm plugs well?

The opening of the Electraloop could be reinforced with a small piece of heat shrink tubing.

D.
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Deltus1 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:16 pm
The mentioned electrodes are made of conductive rubber.

Could it be that the lubricant has got into the openings and therefore does not hold the 2mm plugs well?

The opening of the Electraloop could be reinforced with a small piece of heat shrink tubing.

D.
Possibly, but as they are not our products, its hard to be fully conversant with their design decisions.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Not a problem that's ever happened to me but I have to say ElectraStim products are not the best in my experience. You could try using plastic insulating tape to secure the
2mm contacts together. Otherwise you could insert a thin piece of copper wire to make a tighter fit, or replace your ElectraStim trodes with something more reliable.