EPILEPSY

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
charlie1234

EPILEPSY

Post by charlie1234 »

I would like to know is it safe for a person with epilepsy or even MILD epilepsy to use one of these E-STIM BOX MACHINES,i would be greatful for any advice thanks walter

admin
Site Admin

Re: EPILEPSY

Post by admin »

we are not medically qualified, and would generally suggest that e-stim and epilepsy don't mix. the best advice would be to ask your medical practitioner...

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: EPILEPSY

Post by Stimaddict »

My personal opinion (and this *IS* just my personal opinion) is that it's relatively safe for a person with epilepsy to use an estim box. Estim involves the stimulation of sexual nerves in the lower parts of the body with no direct electro-stimulation to, or near, the brain.

A made-for-play erotic estim box, like the 2B, is essentially a more sophisticated version of a TENS machine. There is no evidence that TENS machines are not safe for use with epilepsy - http://plazaloslaureles.com/2016/08/15/ ... -consider/

The real question is, would estim 'trigger' a seizure? Triggers can differ from person to person, but common triggers include tiredness and lack of sleep, stress, alcohol, and not taking medication, none of which directly relate to estim. In order to consider the risk, the physiological effects of estim can be compared to conventional sex. Some epileptic men worry that they’ll have a seizure during sex. However in reality having sex is extremely unlikely to trigger seizures, and most men with epilepsy don’t have seizures during sex.

All of the different meds prescribed for epilepsy have undesirable side effects on sexual libido while many lower testosterone in men, ED being a particular issue. Epilepsy itself can affect levels of sex hormones in the body. Hence the benefits of estim are considerable. Many men turn to estim as a means of dealing with sexual problems and/or improving sexual interest and performance.