2b Newbie questions. Power level disparity

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
jimboy2us

2b Newbie questions. Power level disparity

Post by jimboy2us »

Hello,
A couple of questions as a new user to a 2B power box.

It seems there is an extreme disparity of power levels using the stereo audio option, MP3 player and in this case the downloaded audio files. For purpose of discussion, the file stim52.mp3 was used. I've examined the audio file with audacity and determined that.

1. it is not corrupt
2. audio levels seem approximately the same level when played via audacity or an MP3 player (which is being used with 2b stereo mode)
3. the 2b has been set to factory defaults (so there is hopefully not fat fingering of the controls)

4. I am somewhat experienced with estim from having a Folsom 202 for several years, and the well relative sensitivity of the anatomy parts being estimmed.

There is an extreme disparity in the signal strength between port A & port B.. It seems on the order of 20:1 with the adjustment set to 50:50 A:B. I am speculating if there is an issue with the 2B or conductivity faults with the accessory cables. (I've yet to put a volt meter on the cables to test for resistance or faults. It seems almost impossible to get an actual 50:50 signal split between PortA/B.

I would like the benefit of others experience to know if others have had the same usage issue. Is the problem with me the user?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: 2b Newbie questions. Power level disparity

Post by Stimaddict »

Hmm, something wrong there. I'd suggest you start by trying another audio player device. If that makes no difference try another stereo cable, and make absolutely sure both jack plugs are fully inserted. Also when using your audio file try swapping the cables between Channels A & B to see how that affects your perceived sensation.

For general advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

You might also want to contact after-sales at E-Stim Systems directly. I had an issue similar to this which needed a repair under warranty.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

might be an idea to drop info@e-stim.co.uk a message

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd