three-phase feeling

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
darachaki

three-phase feeling

Post by darachaki »

I've tried several sound files, but I can't clearly see the three-phase feeling.
What sound files do you recommend that you can experience, "This is the three phases"?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: three-phase feeling

Post by Stimaddict »

So what exactly is TriPhase? - This gets a bit technical. We all, perhaps incorrectly, refer to TRIPHASE when we really mean a 3-ELECTRODE SETUP.
*TRUE* Triphase is something different.

A 3-electrode setup will produce two signals, one per channel. It drives current and sensation to the 'Common' electrode which can be delightful and the interaction between the two signals can feel enhanced.

*TRUE* TriPhase sensations involve the perception of a distinct third 'phantom' signal moving between the other two, achieved by having two phasing signals active on the output simultaneously. In stimming terms "true triphase" is a perceived sensory illusion working in a similar way to listening to Binaural Beat tones through headphones.

There is only one commercial stim box with an inbuilt routine capable of producing the true TriPhase effect, the Erostek ET312. However both the ET312 and the E-Stim Systems 2B can produce true TriPhase effects via STEREO audio input using certain stimfiles. These audio files contain no variation, just two phased tones.

Sounds really great doesn't it? But TBH I've never found 'true triphase' to be anywhere near as good as the purists insist, so personally I don't think it's worth getting too hung up about.