Troubleshooting E312 audio issue

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
stabbyderg

Troubleshooting E312 audio issue

Post by stabbyderg »

I'm getting a pretty weird issue with two different E312 boxes I've used, which leads me to think that it's something I'm missing, rather than anything being broken.

Basically, when I hook my computer audio output (from two different laptops) up to an E312 and turn on Audio3, it doesn't pick up both of the stereo tracks. Only the A channel lights up.

But (!):
- When I hook that SAME audio output to my 2B box, both channels work just fine, and also...
- When I hook my *iPhone* audio output to the same E312, it works just fine.

What on earth could be happening here? How do I start to diagnose this?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Troubleshooting E312 audio issue

Post by Stimaddict »

Audio output/input occasionally throws up some mysteries. I have two 2B boxes and my old MP3 player worked fine on one but not the other. Changed the player and problem solved - go figure!?

If your ET312 works with your iPhone I think you can rule out your unit as the main source of the fault. I would normally say try a different stereo cable and/or audio player device, but your setup works fine with your 2B. Hmm... :?

So I'd suggest it's probably down to some incompatibility between your laptop's audio software and your ET312. Start by checking the settings and turn off all the audio software 'whistles-and-bells', especially Dolby. If that doesn't work download and install alternative audio software, there are plenty of free ones available.

Finally, if your problem remains unsolved, try a separate USB soundcard. They are very cheap on eBay.
sjg1087
Active

Post by sjg1087 »

I had the same problem with an ET312, and it turned out the Channel B potentiometer was worn out. I ended up throwing the box out, thinking I could order another one....and now they're discontinued. sigh...
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

sjg1087 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:41 am ...it turned out the Channel B potentiometer was worn out. I ended up throwing the box out
That's a shame. You can still order new pots from the Erostek website for around $10.
sjg1087
Active

Post by sjg1087 »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:34 am
sjg1087 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:41 am ...it turned out the Channel B potentiometer was worn out. I ended up throwing the box out
That's a shame. You can still order new pots from the Erostek website for around $10.
Yeah...I should have. Chris (the owner) even suggested I do so, but I was feeling lazy...didn't want to do board level repairs. Oh well...