Unit for first-time hetro couple?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Strictlysocial

Unit for first-time hetro couple?

Post by Strictlysocial »

Hi,

I've always been intrigued by electro play, however it's not something that I've ever raised with my wife as I thought she would be freaked out by it. To my delight a couple of months ago she mentioned out of the blue she would like to try electro play - this was a rather off the cuff remark and at the time I was so taken aback I didn't really question her. Anyway, I thought I might surprise her (and satisfy my intrigue) by purchasing an estim unit.

My question is what would people recommend. I'm drawn to the 2B just for it's great reviews, and being a programming the idea of having an API to play with sounds fun! I know it's a lot of money up front by I figure the worst case if we don't like it I can resell it on eBay. Would anybody recommend anything other than the 2B? Also are there any recommendations for accessories suitable for couples? I was thinking an insertable (for her) and a pinwheel might be fun. I like the idea of us both using the estim during sex.

I appreciate your help and guidance. Let me know if there is any other info I could provide to guide the route I choose.

Oh, and I'm also aware she may have been talking wands, rather than a unit - I keep debating asking but it would ruin the surprise. I might just have to get both :)

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Unit for first-time hetro couple?

Post by Stimaddict »

What are you looking for, pleasure or pain? Violet Wands are strictly BDSM so if you want to scare her off give 'em a try.

A good TENS unit is one way to start experimenting if you want to dip a toe in the water before spending out. Some TENS boxes are more suitable for stimming than others.
I'd recommend this one because of its biphasic waveforms:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232477606342
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310717239461

For the best pleasurable, erotic estim experience there are only two boxes worth considering:
  • the E-Stim Systems 2B
  • the Erostek ET312
I have both but the 2B is always my box of choice. There are many reasons why I prefer my 2B. I like the 2B's superior power, its smaller size, its better Stereo audio experience, its ease-of-use and, above all, the blissful sensations it gives which suit me perfectly. It carries a lifetime guarantee with an excellent back-up service and its firmware is being constantly updated making it future-proof with many beta versions to try. A new, final firmware version is nearing completion.

The ET312 is nearly twice the price and seems to have gone out of production, hard to find new these days. To me it's a no-brainer. Get the 2B.

----------------------------------------------------------

Some links you should read...

** Start with Tintin119's estim primer at this URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/estim/wiki/index#

** Some good tips for beginners here: http://www.e-stim.tips/topics.php

** Estim electrode WIRING BASICS - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10356

** For ideas of where to place electrodes (male and female) check out Joanne's website:
https://www.sexmachinereviews.co.uk/adv ... tions.html
Strictlysocial

Post by Strictlysocial »

Thanks for the advice. I've actually gone ahead and purchased the 2B as I found an excellent deal as part of a sitewide promotion. So far it's been an interesting experience. Yet to try with the wife.

As a side note I've already played around with the serial connection. I'm hoping to publish a .NET Core library for interacting with the 2B shortly!
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

Good choice of control box, I love my 2B. When you try it with your wife let her operate the control especially on the first session as she will likely be nervous about applying electricity to herself.

Go slow and keep things simple in regards to electrode placement, experimentation is key to enjoying e-stim and it may take a couple of goes to find the settings that she enjoys.

You may find this article useful - How To Introduce Your Partner To E-Stim.

Above all though, have fun and enjoy the wonderful world of electroplay. :D
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
Strictlysocial

Post by Strictlysocial »

Thanks. She's had a quick go just with pads. Her feedback wasn't hugely enthusiastic, however she did acknowledge an insertable (not arrived) might be fun. Hopefully we'll be able to give it a go this week :D
wetotter
Active

Post by wetotter »

Stimaddict wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am its firmware is being constantly updated
The latest firmware update available on the website is over three years old and they still haven't fixed the problem that it misses turns of the encoders. I don't think firmware updates are a selling point of this unit.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

wetotter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:50 pm The latest firmware update available on the website is over three years old and they still haven't fixed the problem that it misses turns of the encoders. I don't think firmware updates are a selling point of this unit.
Then you haven't tried the betas. Bear in mind that the 2B's closest competitor, the Erostek ET312, has not seen a firmware update in over 20 years.
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

wetotter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:50 pm The latest firmware update available on the website is over three years old and they still haven't fixed the problem that it misses turns of the encoders. I don't think firmware updates are a selling point of this unit.
The development of new firmware takes time as it need thorough testing so as to ensure that there won't be any nasty surprises for users and during this process our great team of beta testers come up with new ideas and options that we look at to incorporate into the firmware updates. The 2B is only 1 of maybe 4 units now available that can be updated at all, and two of those units have only been out 12 months and have already needed updates to deal with bugs.
Beta versions of the firmware are available to members of the Developers Forum but the issue you mention may not be related to Firmware at all, but more likely to dirt or corrosion on the pads of the Encoders, which is something we do see from some users so it is quite possible that any new firmware will not resolve your particular issue.
If this is a persistent problem then you might want to consider contacting Customer Services and asking them to provide you with a Repairs Authorisation Number and we can take a look at your 2B for you.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
wetotter
Active

Post by wetotter »

MickEstim wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:21 am The development of new firmware takes time
I write embedded software professionally. I know how long it takes.
MickEstim wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:21 am the issue you mention may not be related to Firmware at all, but more likely to dirt or corrosion on the pads of the Encoders
The symptoms don't really match with that. It works reliably if you turn the encoders slowly, but too fast and it under-counts the clicks, and above a certain rate, it doesn't register turns at all. The problem is worst on the stereo mode, which I'd guess is the one that keeps the MCU busiest. And the behaviour has been exactly the same since new. I've seen this so many times before it's hard to believe it's anything but the firmware polling too infrequently, and I'm somewhat surprised you haven't already identified this yourselves. If I had the source code I'd fix it myself.
Last edited by wetotter on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
wetotter
Active

Post by wetotter »

Stimaddict wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Then you haven't tried the betas. Bear in mind that the 2B's closest competitor, the Erostek ET312, has not seen a firmware update in over 20 years.
Of course I haven't tried the betas, because I don't have access to them.