Adapters

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Adapters

Post by Ronfire7 »

Will these work for adapters?
Gold Plated 3.5 Mono Male Plug to 2.5mm Stereo Female Jack Audio Converter Adapter Will a mono plug male work in a stereo female? Looks like E-Stim has stereo adapters.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Adapters

Post by Stimaddict »

You don't say what you want to use these adapters for. If it's for electrode wiring then yes, they should work fine. Electrode wiring is effectively 'mono', but stereo connectors will still work.
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

Thankyou, yes I would use them for electrode connectors
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Ronfire7> For some reason I've always found 2.5mm connectors/adapters to be pretty unreliable because they're so small. I prefer to snip off the 2.5mm plug, strip the wire ends then 'twist-and-tape' on a 2mm tail wire cut out from a TENS pad.
demuc1973
Active Developer

Post by demuc1973 »

Not all adapters are the same - there are good manufacturers, bad manufacturers, cheap manufacturers, if you're lucky you'll get one that works well and that doesn't depend on the price ... I have good, minimal-budget CN goods and bad HIFI high-end goods bought - apparently pure luck , whether good or shit.....

Also experienced, one manufacturer, 3 ordered - one very good to electrify, one really bad (garbage) and the third came in the HIFI drawer - not usable for e-stim.
"I am happy when it rains, because when I am not happy, it also rains." Quote from Karl Valentin - a Munich original and humorist