Import to Germany after Brexit

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
mafa

Import to Germany after Brexit

Post by mafa »

Hi all,

does anyone have experience with buying at E-Stim Systems' Shop after Brexit?
How does it work to pay German VAT?
Any issues with customs?

Best Regards
mafa

admin
Site Admin

Re: Import to Germany after Brexit

Post by admin »

We haven't heard of any issues so far. The UK store is now showing ex VAT prices, so that is the price you pay on purchase for deliveries into the EU, you may then see the VAT request from the courier when it is delivered, but at the moment we haven't seen or heard anything either way - the systems are still being setup on both sides.

Mister B Stores in the EU also stock our products so there is an alternative to purchasing directly from us - but we don't have any control over their prices.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Gishan
Active

Post by Gishan »

Short update for all who are unsure about importing from UK to EU:

I've ordered a 2B + Bonus Pack, Bobble and Flange on 28th of May and got it within 1 business week.
While the package was still in transit I got an invoice for €104,70 for customs/tax.

I had the choice to pay the bill in advance to UPS or pay on delivery to the driver.
Went with the first and with exception of UPS horrible website I had no further problems (no delays in shippment or anything else).

At the beginning I was also rather skeptical about the topic of UK import, but I must say that I would order again directly from E-Stim.
mieser

Post by mieser »

With regard to buying E-Stim-Equipment from E-Stim Systems you might have a look at this site (web-shop)
https://smashme.de/Elektrosex
I actually bought the E-2B Kit there and up to now did not regret this purchase.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

I sent my 2B in for warranty repair. The transport to E-Stim Systems in the UK took barely a week, the return shipment was made after one day, and after 2 days my 2B was back in Germany.
For 2 weeks now, I have been receiving the following information during tracking:

Non-EU item - preliminary import check

I guess there is no real import check in the UK, but there is in the EU.

I miss my 2B :cry:
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sadly since Brexit importing into the EU from the Uk has been 'different'!! Even in the last week or so DPD, one of our european carrier has opened a new hub for processing items into Germany, and they have been a few teething issues, but we are constantly working to try an improve things where we can.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Blame Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron :lol:

Sadly the EU are being as difficult as possible because we left the club. They have to show other EU member states they will be punished if they ever choose to follow.
However we did NOT leave Europe and we still love you guys!
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

Deltus1 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm I sent my 2B in for warranty repair. The transport to E-Stim Systems in the UK took barely a week, the return shipment was made after one day, and after 2 days my 2B was back in Germany.
For 2 weeks now, I have been receiving the following information during tracking:

Non-EU item - preliminary import check
This indicates that it is still awaiting customs clearance as since we are no longer in the UK it has to go through a full customs clearance rather than before where, as part of the EU, there was no customs checks. This results in items like this sitting with all of the other Non EU imports and there are clearly backlogs due to this and also due to the Covid Pandemic. There may also be a little bit of trying to teach the UK a lesson for leaving the EU. Unfortunately these things are outside of our control and it is just a waiting game.
Deltus1 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm I guess there is no real import check in the UK, but there is in the EU.
The customs checks into the UK are just the same as there are into Europe but given that Germany is 50% bigger than the UK I would suggest the volume is higher and dare I say that the Royal Mail and UK Border Force processes are perhaps more efficient than that of Deutsche Post and German customs.

If you would like to perhaps drop an email to Customer Service if the status does not change in the next week we can see what we can do, but unfortunately we do have to wait 21 working days before we can start an investigation through the Royal Mail.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

MickEstim wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:56 pm
If you would like to perhaps drop an email to Customer Service if the status does not change in the next week we can see what we can do, but unfortunately we do have to wait 21 working days before we can start an investigation through the Royal Mail.
I didn't know that yet, I'll get in touch if it doesn't go any further.

I didn't mean to criticise you with my contribution. I know that you can't influence it.
I am extremely satisfied with your service (and with your products)!

Deltus
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.