Different posture = different sensation/threshold?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Sigsys
Active

Different posture = different sensation/threshold?

Post by Sigsys »

Hey everyone,

I am curious about your experiences on this one or maybe someone can offer an explanation. The electrode set-up is one CR loop behind the glans and one around the base behind the balls for every different posture.
Now I find the perceived intensity vastly differs when I am standing, sitting or lying flat on my back. This not just referring to what feels most pleasurable, as this depends on mood and taste of the individual, but mostly to perceived intensity compared to output values. In general I found that I can tolerate significantly higher outputs when I am standing rather than lying down. However the sensations set in at the same levels when it comes to the lower end of power, so it appears like a higher increment of power output is needed to achieve the same increment in sensation depending on the posture.

Is this actually possible or is my mind playing tricks on me?

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: Different posture = different sensation/threshold?

Post by mrbutt89 »

If your mind is playing tricks on you, then my mind plays the same tricks on me! I do find that the sensations vary considerably according to posture, particularly sitting/lying down vs. kneeling/standing up. With an anal electrode, that is easy to understand, as whatever you are sitting/lying on will obviously push against the electrode and hold it further in, increasing contact with the prostate etc. For cock loops that obviously isn't happening, although I imagine they would hang in a slightly different position, as would your genitalia. Perhaps that's all that's happening, but it would be nice to hear from someone with a bit more expertise.
ZappBrannigan
Active

Post by ZappBrannigan »

I think you will find it is because when lying down the electrode and penis is making contact with your abdomen, so the electrical flow is not completely isolated to the nerves in the penis.
When laying back try putting a non-conductive material between them and the abdomen from base all way to the end, also need to ensure the material can be hygienically cleaned, doing this you can really isolate the nerves in the penis for an intense experience.
Just make sure not to tuck it in-between the ring-conductive material and the penis, even partially.
My partner and I like to play around a lot, so in this situation we use some PVC from one of her clothes that never ended up being worn but likes the colour and style.
Zapp Brannigan: We need rest. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised
Sigsys
Active

Post by Sigsys »

First of all thanks for both your responses.
I actually use an insulating cloth on my lower abdomen in order to prevent the loops from having any conact other than the penis. So this is obviuosly not the source of the difference.

To follow up on mrbutt's point: After your suggestion I also thought about the influence of gravity, as there seems to be no other major difference. Here I mainly see the electrode around the base having more contact to the testicles, when lying down. However this would mean one should have a higher threshold in this position due to the larger contact patch. Also maybe some of the nerves described here viewtopic.php?p=16554#p16554 are reacting differently depending on how the penis pointing up/straight out and therefore stretching/compressing the perineal area?!

I guess this is one of those "as long as it feels good, why care" topics :lol:
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Sigsys wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:37 pm I guess this is one of those "as long as it feels good, why care" topics :lol:
I think you're right.
(For the record, when lying down to stim, I always insulate the lower part of my abdomen to prevent stray electrical contact from my penis or precum.)
ZappBrannigan
Active

Post by ZappBrannigan »

Sigsys wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:37 pm First of all thanks for both your responses.
I actually use an insulating cloth on my lower abdomen in order to prevent the loops from having any conact other than the penis. So this is obviuosly not the source of the difference.
Sorry for late response as we have been incredibly busy.
Ah glad you do that regarding isolation, just curious do you notice a difference with/without the insulating cloth?
For me to get the strongest nerve overload sensation we use a non-conductive soft material that covers the abdomen and also is tight down to the base of the penis (the difference is very noticeable for me).
Same goes for the loop that is stronger for me on the nerves in a specific position much closer to the base of the penis, just 5mm either side can make a big difference.
When my partner is doing this to me I also use an internal probe; positive on the loop and negative on the anal insert, again big difference but depends what type of sensation one is after.
All 3 really matter for me to get the overload sensation (does not require high power) and for my partner to enjoy the faces I pull and comments I make lol.
Zapp Brannigan: We need rest. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised