smartstim.com down?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: smartstim.com down?

Post by mrbutt89 »

It makes me appreciate this forum all the more.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

mrbutt89 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am It makes me appreciate this forum all the more.
My thoughts exactly. Everyone just seems to get along here with no conflict, trolls or fucking know-it-alls. I really appreciate the Admin's light-touch on moderation as well. In an adult forum it's nice to be treated like adults.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We do try :-). 99.9% of the spam gets deleted before you ever see it, and generally we allow people to say what they wish, we find if you treat people like adults, then most people will act like adults :-)

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
comandatuba
Active

Post by comandatuba »

I had heard about X's passing. I am sad to learn about climberr's passing as well. Very sad and a loss to the community.
Last edited by comandatuba on Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimuk
Active

Post by jimuk »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:29 pm From what I understand Climberr, Smartstim's owner, sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago. This follows the death of x61525, Smarstim's second-in-command, last November.

I hope I'm wrong but if this is true then Smartstim.com may be gone for good, never to return.
Thanks for the update, that is very sad news.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

joannesReviews wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:06 pm There are plans afoot to bring it back and recover to data. I can't say any more than that but a team of past mods is on the case with some promising results. It would be a shame to see a resource like smartstim fade away.
If it helps I've uploaded a whole shedload of files in SmrtStm2 format to the Stimfile Archive, along with the original SS2 software. Anyone interested just drop me a PM.
600Hz

Post by 600Hz »

I'm very sad to hear that.
I was wondering what caused smartstim.com to go down. I hope that someone will continue smartstim.
jimuk
Active

Post by jimuk »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40 am

If it helps I've uploaded a whole shedload of files in SmrtStm2 format to the Stimfile Archive, along with the original SS2 software. Anyone interested just drop me a PM.
Was there ever a MacOS version of SS4? I had SS4 on my Windows laptop but have just switched to a M1 MacBook. I'd downloaded quite a few SS4 sessions that I never got round to exploring.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

jimuk wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:30 pm Was there ever a MacOS version of SS4? I had SS4 on my Windows laptop but have just switched to a M1 MacBook. I'd downloaded quite a few SS4 sessions that I never got round to exploring.
I think so but I don't have it. There is a MacOS version of SS2 in the Archive.
elentech
Active

Post by elentech »

Ah damn, that's a shame. Their work was critical to me getting into estim. I'd donated for a couple years, archived most of the files, but I never really expected it to go anywhere. Makes me wish I did a more diligent job with the archival, it's basically raw files in a folder with just my diary notes to go with it. Now I'm doomed to forget who made what, and how they used it.

My account there was nearly 20 years old! That's dedication. I can't imagine the admin hours keeping it running all that time.

Only critiques I could make is that there was a bit of dogma in what they allowed to be posted, and they were really strict on file copyright - you couldn't sample someone's work and build something new with it, unless it passed some subjective bar of quality. You also couldn't share things from other sites, and it always led to a goose chase trying to track down what from where. I guess it's much the same with music and I shouldn't expect it to be any different for estim content. Anyway, that's another thread.

Gonna miss em.