Stimfile copyright

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Stimfile copyright

Post by Stimaddict »

estim_si wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 pm If you are the original author of stim files them please feel to post on the forum. We only have issues with files being posted when the copyright is indeterminate- and we don’t accept the ‘public domain’ argument.

Si
It works for me! :lol:

Seriously though Si, I understand your legal predicament and fully support this forum's rules on the subject. I also very much appreciate that you allow me to promote the shared Stimfile Archive project here, a free community resource for all stimmers without profit or gain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a copy of the disclaimer in the Archive...
  • PLEASE NOTE: I do *not* claim ownership of these files.

The files contained in this Archive were originally shared to the public estim community. They are added here under the assumption that since they were originally shared to the public, that they remain intended to be shared.

They are organized by author where known. Some are unknown and therefore under "Various", so if your file is there and you would like to be credited please PM me.

If you are the creator of a file and would like to have your file taken off, just politely let me know and I will respectfully remove your work. I have no intention of claiming your work as my own or distributing it without permission.

If you have any stimfiles that should be added to this Archive please contact me below.

HAPPY STIMMING!

--
    Stimaddict

*************************************************************************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Just a reminder that anyone reading this is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles organized by author - some up to 4 hours long! There is a MONSTER 29 GIGABYTES of audio files in total, enough to fry your cock every day until the year 2049!

I cannot post the link here out of respect for this forum's Admin and board rules regarding direct links to other people's work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Unlimited access to the Stimfile Archive with No fees, No registration required, No ads, No catches, No expiry date and No hidden motives.

StereoStim
Active

Re: Stimfile copyright

Post by StereoStim »

A copyright belongs to a legal entity and not to some username that is not traceable to a legal entity. Therefore e-stim's management decision is 100% correct by not allowing reposting of audio files created by others.

Talking about reposting, I have found that Stimaddict's link (privately available from him) being reposted on a Discord channel.
Have fun with audio served by E-Stereo.com
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

StereoStim wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:17 am Talking about reposting, I have found that Stimaddict's link (privately available from him) being reposted on a Discord channel.
That's fine by me. The Archive project is intended as a freely available estim resource so my link is not private. Anyone who has it can share or post it as they like. But please not here for the aforementioned reasons.
Rhamiel
Active

Post by Rhamiel »

It might be useful if those who own the copyright of audio files make clear in their file's metadata what kind of copyright license they are happy to apply to that file. Then the file could be used (or not used) as the copyright holder wished.

License types can be found at:

https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/

Many use (free) Audacity to edit. Audacity includes a function to add metadata. :geek: