Use a mixer?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Use a mixer?

Post by Deltus1 »

Hello eStimmer,

I wonder if using a mixer makes sense. Possibly with two power boxes?

An experienced user of the legendary, unfortunately no longer accessible SamartStim forum, who has also posted some videos on xhamster, regularly uses a mixer: tedious (https://xhamster.com/users/tedious

If I understand it correctly, he puts the mixer between the audio source and the power box. In the videos he uses 2 ET312s, but he also has at least one 2B (I saw this in photos and videos he posted in SmartStim).

Maybe someone has already tried this or has experience with it?

Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Imogen
Active

Re: Use a mixer?

Post by Imogen »

I suppose a number of signal generators connected to each of the mixers inputs would allow you to play around with the Mix of signals until you found something that worked. This is sort of something I do when creating new stim files (see my setup shown below).

Setup.jpg

I could see it adding a theatrical element in a dungeon setting perhaps, but I can't see the point for general day to day play.

A mixer also has a number of outputs; Main Output (Left & Right) to the amplifier driving your main loudspeakers; AUX outputs (Left & Right or mono) to amplifiers driving the stage monitor loudspeakers etc. Each of these outputs can have a completely different 'Mix' to each other with differing EQ. Add in the effects send/return paths and you can then apply external signal processing, such as phasing, reverb etc to selected outputs.

So if you connect the outputs to multiple stim boxes, each box could drive an different 'Mix' of signals.

It could be that he is simply using the mixer as a simple means of EQ and Level control to his boxes.

For me I would end up so focused on adjusting the setup I would loose all focus on the job in hand.

xxx Imogen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Deltus1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:30 pm An experienced user of the legendary, unfortunately no longer accessible SamartStim forum, who has also posted some videos on xhamster, regularly uses a mixer: tedious
Oh yeah! TEDIOUS is an absolute fucking legend. I've never known a stimmer quite like him. He loves to stim all day long, on the train, at work, everywhere. He conceals his stimming equipment under his clothes so nobody knows and collects his precum in condoms. During his time off and weekends it's a different matter - he's a complete exhibitionist. He openly stims naked by a local lake and invites people walking by to come over to discuss what he is doing. Sometimes female strangers even join in for sex games!! :o

He does use a mixer to control the audio input and also to power a loudspeaker. Tedious says he likes to hear the audio waveforms but I think it's more to attract the attention of passers by. ;)

Why not contact him through Xhamster? Tedious is a very friendly and open guy who will answer all of your questions.
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

@Imogen: Tank you for showing your impressiv Equipment. I suppose, you do not only for e-stim-purpose?

@Stimaddict: I will try to contact tendious.
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.