What do I need to buy

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
keldare
Active

What do I need to buy

Post by keldare »

I'm so overwhelmed with options I'm not sure what to buy
I pretty sure I want a 2b but I'm not sure if the straps or loops are better and looking for guidance on how the sound /insertsbles work and what all I'll need to use multiple electrodes. I've been playing with a home made stereostim and a cheap Chinese kit for a while but they both leave me wanting and I've saved a bunch of money so I can buy a modern kit that will provide a better experience.

I keep asking communities but get dead air. Im just looking for a few suggestions or a run down of must haves... the stereo stim venture was alot of work and I just want this to work out of the box(es)

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: What do I need to buy

Post by mrbutt89 »

One thing I will say is that most people tend to prefer the conductive rubber loops over the straps because they conduct the current better and tend not to produce hot spots. Also, the thicker conductive rubber will give a better spread of electrical current than the thinner ones.
I've you've been playing with stereostim already, you'll know the basics - that an insertable monopole electrode will need to be paired with another electrode to complete the circuit. Or you'll need a bipolar insertable to complete the circuit on its own. That's often a good solution if you want to experience a "ghost fuck".
You mentioned "sound". Do you mean the sounds you insert in your cock, or do you mean audio input into the e-stim box?
keldare
Active

Post by keldare »

Thank you for the reply!!!
The question about the "sound" was regarding the insertsble rod something I've tried but never in a stim application so I wondered if it's a monopole sound in the a port on the power box will it be completed by a loop on the b port or do you have to have a bipolar cable on the same port to work
forgive me I don't know the terminology
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Basically the sounds are monopole, so the second contact needs to be plugged into the same channel.

You were nearly there :-)

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keldare
Active

Post by keldare »

Thanks. I'm just afraid of dropping a ton of money and not having everything I need for it to work
wombat
Active

Post by wombat »

Not to muddy the waters, but while most sounds are indeed monopole, there’s some bipolar to be had, even on Amazon. These work well for sort of a ”focus” at the gap. Using one as a monopole is very similar to an anal insertable as a monopole.
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

Bello Keldare.

Have you read this post?
viewtopic.php?p=16554#p16554
There you can read how the nerves work.

Greetings Henk.
Henk1957
Active

Post by Henk1957 »

Hi Keldare.

I will answer in more detail, maybe you can better imagine what you have to buy.

After many years of Stereo-stim, this is my experience. (Now have an ET312)

There are many factors that influence or determine the feeling.

1. Which signal is used
a. is it a single signal – for 2 electrodes
b. or 2 signals for 3 or 4 electrodes
c. are the signals of the 2 channels different or the same
2. The output voltage or the magnitude of the current
3. The placement of the electrodes
4. Which electrodes are used
5. How many electrodes do you use
6. Do your use contact gel, yes or no
7. Contact gel and conductive pads do not work together again because then the pads will not stick
8. What is the surface area that makes contact with the skin and the electrode
9. What mood you are in yourself
10. How do you react to certain stimuli, every person is different
11. If you are a man, the feeling is very dependent on whether your penis is flaccid or if you have an erection
12. How long are you busy, you get used to it and then the current has to go up again to continue to experience the same feeling

Explanation :
With electrostimulation, current flows from one electrode to the other over/through the skin and/or through the body, triggering the nerve endings.
If you have 1 channel / output, that current can only flow in 1 direction
(For the techies among us, actually there are 2 current directions possible from electrode A to B and vice versa, but I want to keep it simple )
But if you have 2 separate channels with 4 separate electrodes, then you also have 2 current directions, which can sometimes influence each other, depending on where the electrodes are placed and also depending on the signal of both channels.
If you have 2 channels with 3 electrodes, so one common electrode, then the 2 current directions influence each other even more.
And as you will understand, the flow determines the feeling.

In this “post” viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10131&hilit=nerves you can read how the nerves run in the male genitals.

Contact gel is necessary if you want to ensure good contact between the skin and the electrode. If you do not have good contact, you will get an unpleasant, burning feeling. Then E-stim becomes torment instead of pleasure.

The placement of the electrodes and the signal to be chosen make a big difference. Sometimes you only have a stimulation feeling in your glans. But other times it could be through your entire shaft of the penis.
Or a feeling that you are being stimulated at your perineum. And many combinations are possible.
If you choose a stimulation signal for 2 separate channels and those signals are also different, in terms of phase, frequency, modulation, etc., this results in a very varying feeling and can sometimes be very intense.
My advice is start simple and try to understand what is happening and how it feels.
This way you can continue to expand the number of electrodes and choose more complex signals.
Internal electrodes also give a completely different feeling and there are many possibilities to experiment with external and internal electrodes.
Even if you use external electrodes and you slide a conductive rod into your urethra, the feeling will change instantly, because the current will flow differently, while that conductive rod is not even connected!

My advice is, stay below your waist with your electrodes and experiment safely, separate from the mains voltage.
With devices that work with adapters you have quickly created an unsafe situation without even realizing it, especially with stereo-stim and DIY devices.

What I'm thinking about for placement and purchase of electrodes for a beginner are 3 conductive rubber rings, one on the cock ring place, one on the shaft, close to the scrotum, with taped part from above and one around your glans.
But as you will understand from my story, every person is different and experiences it differently. Even the same person may experience it differently at a different time because of his mood.

I hope my information is of some use to you.
Best regards. Hank.
( Translated with Google translate )
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

@Henk1957 - Nice post! :!:
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

@keldare - You want the 2B Bonus Pack because it has everything you get in the Connect Pack *plus* the all-important Mains Power Adapter, and an extra two 4mm output cables.

UK and Europe - https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... ucts_id=71
Worldwide - https://www.e-stimsystems.com/index.php ... ucts_id=81