De-generation of conductive tubing

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Henk1957
Active

De-generation of conductive tubing

Post by Henk1957 »

Hello stimmers

I recently found out that my conductive rubber loops have degenerated over time.
After some measurements I thought it was important enough to share this with you on the forum.
Maybe there are people who also experience change and then think, why is this anyway?
Or maybe you experience that the output level also has to be set higher and higher.
Sometimes I had a burning feeling while I always use contact gel so it couldn't be the fault.
I had also already put a conductive wire in the rubber tube to actually have contact everywhere and to improve the conductivity and yet I felt that something was wrong.
I bought this hose from Ali-Express about 2 years ago, so it has been in use for 2 years now.

See the table below,
So something to seriously consider.

Greetings Henk.
(translated with Google translate)
Conductive tubing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Re: De-generation of conductive tubing

Post by mrbutt89 »

I once read a post somewhere suggesting that conductive rubber loops should be treated as consumable items, requiring replacement at regular intervals.They're not prohibitively expensive, after all.
zebbg69
Active

Post by zebbg69 »

I normally get 100-200 Ohms on tubing a few inches long, without a wire core, and some of my loops are quite old.
With a wire down the middle, I have not experienced degradation.
I should check my old ones though against some new tubing I just bought. Thanks for the reminder.
merry
Active

Post by merry »

Hi,
I read somewhere that exposure to silicone in certain lubes can erode or even completely destroy the conductivity of CR loops/rings, the quality can vary quite a bit too, something to do with the conductive particle content? - I've had quite a few CR loops/rings off e-bay that looked OK but stung right off the bat, low conductive particle content leading to hotspots perhaps?. Early last year I bought a set of Joanne's wire reenforced CR lengths that can be formed into rings or loops which still work really well, they're pretty much as good as they were when I first got them, I've used them a lot! with zero loss of conductivity as far as I can tell plus no unpleasant hotspots, oh! and PES CR products seem to last well too.

Merry.
"You'll understand when you cum my way" - 'Demons' Fatboy Slim Ft Macy Gray
"I know what it means to work hardon machines" - 'You Take Me Up' Thompson Twins
zebbg69
Active

Post by zebbg69 »

Good points, merry.
All my CR tubing is from Current Pleasures, Happystim-usa, and maybe ErosTek.
My PES CR anal plug works the same as ever, at least 15 years old. Since it's not tubing I never think of it in this category, but absolutely right, it could have degraded by now if the CR were not high quality.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

The quality of CR varies a lot especially with the cheaper stuff from places like Ali. I have no idea the actual percentage of conductive material in CR but low levels of it will increase resistance as will stretching it and general wear and tear over time.

Increased resistance means you will get current concentrations which lead to hot spots and possible burns even with lube. Fitting copper wire inside old conductive rubber can resurrect them but as has already been said, it's better to just replace the CR when it becomes problematic.

Silicone lube actually bonds to CR which is actually conductive silicone but the name stuck a long time ago. It bonds to the surface acting as an insulator and ruining the CR so never use silicone lubes. This is a big problem for the rubber fetish guys as they use silicone lube as a shining agent for their rubber outfits and they need to be very careful not to contaminate the CR.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?
joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews »

Henk1957 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:12 pm Hello stimmers

I recently found out that my conductive rubber loops have degenerated over time.
After some measurements I thought it was important enough to share this with you on the forum.
Maybe there are people who also experience change and then think, why is this anyway?
Or maybe you experience that the output level also has to be set higher and higher.
Sometimes I had a burning feeling while I always use contact gel so it couldn't be the fault.
I had also already put a conductive wire in the rubber tube to actually have contact everywhere and to improve the conductivity and yet I felt that something was wrong.
I bought this hose from Ali-Express about 2 years ago, so it has been in use for 2 years now.

See the table below,
So something to seriously consider.

Greetings Henk.
(translated with Google translate)

Conductive tubing.jpg
Thanks for sharing your findings it's pretty conclusive and very interesting.
Just a woman in her 50s who likes e-stim and sticking things in her pussy while telling the world all about it on my review site. I'm quite normal, I think LOL. :?