Y audio Splitter Jack

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
dsbdsb
Active

Y audio Splitter Jack

Post by dsbdsb »

Hey everyone,
Me and my friend is thinking of stimming at the same time using one machine. Is it safe to use audio splitter jack to wire two people at the same time?

Has anyone done this before?
What to avoid?

zebbg69
Active

Re: Y audio Splitter Jack

Post by zebbg69 »

Use two separate stim boxes, and you can split the audio at the source BEFORE it goes into the boxes. As long as each stim box has a properly insulated power supply and isolated channels (as the 2B does), this is the only fully safe solution.

If you share a box, it is *possible* to do this safely, but you have to pay more attention--for example do NOT touch each other above the waist--and it is easy to accidentally create a problem. The only responsible recommendation is don't do this.
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

This shouldn't be a problem at all. I have a cable coming from the headphone jack on my stereo split with one jack for my headphones and the other going into the 2b. Ultimately you can adjust the signal strength on the 2b to make sure it's at a comfortable level.
zebbg69
Active

Post by zebbg69 »

The question is about driving electrodes on two different people from one 2B, which is where safety concerns come in.

Your scenario of splitting audio into headphones and one 2B for one person is entirely different and entirely safe.