Do you feel it in your Oblique muscles?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Forest501
Active

Do you feel it in your Oblique muscles?

Post by Forest501 »

Hi,

I’m from Washington State in the USA. I recently discovered e-stim after researching why so many people buy TENS systems. That led to me very nervously trying it out. Then I started using it daily and then I bought an actual cheap e-stim Device and used that daily. Like an hour each time. Sometimes more than once a day. So then I discovered this company and bought the electropebble with two C rings with the bigger cords. I’ve only used it like twice. It’s much more powerful than the other ones I’ve used. The reason I haven’t used it more than twice because I think the way I’m doing it is targeting my obliques. Somehow it seems like the current goes from my testicles up through my abdominal area to my obliques. It’s not just the electropebble. The other two devices actually did most of the oblique work so that they were worn out by the time I got the new device. I lift weights and I’ve purposely always avoided working my obliques. So I don’t want them to get bigger but that’s not the main concern. It just doesn’t feel very good. It doesn’t feel healthy the way that it’s getting my obliques pretty hard. It’s probably a combination of the current and me tightening up with that area or something. Has anyone had that problem? Is it the way I’m sitting? I was just sitting in a hard chair straight up and down. Both c rings on my donger but one touching my testicles. Could that be the problem? It’s touching my testicles and maybe that is where the current rides up into my abdominal area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forest501
Active

Re: Do you feel it in your Oblique muscles?

Post by Forest501 »

I’m replying to my own post because I just read another great post where somebody described the importance of insulating the top part of one of c rings. Another post also mentioned a great idea where you take a heat shrinking insulating tube and place it on the top of the c-ring that’s near the top base of the shaft. I have a whole bunch of insulating tube I bought to fit a light fixture once. So I’m going to try that. But I’m still curious if anybody else has had that problem I described in my post.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

This is something I've never heard before. It would be interesting to see if anyone knows anything about it. The only unwanted effects I've had have been from stimulation of the sciatic nerve causing unwanted contractions and tingling in the legs. But that was from inserting an anal electrode too far.
The purpose of insulating the upper part of a ring at the base of the shaft is to prevent it stimulating the dorsal nerve that runs to the head of the penis. (If you're already stimulating the head of the penis on channel A, for example, you might not want channel B stimulating it too via the dorsal nerve.)
Davespages
Active Developer

Post by Davespages »

The oblique muscles are at the bottom of your ribs... above the waist.

The general rule of thumb is not to stim above the waist line.

The e-stim pulses should only travel this far up if you have an electrode up this far for it to travel from/to.

Electricity will always take the easiest route, this is usually the shortest route but in the human body it will be the route of smallest resistance.. usually the skin as it contains moisture/salts.

If both electrodes are below the waist then its unlikely that electricity/e-stim is directly causing your oblique muscles to twitch/move.

Its possible that its happening as an indirect effect.
You maybe be inadvertently stimming a nerve which travels past the oblique muscles... a bit like the sciatic nerve runs through your spine and some spinal issues/injuries can cause phantom pain in your legs. (I should know... ive been there with a herniated disc that was pressing onto the sciatic nerve)

Mr Butt makes a good point about the dorsal nerve and double stimming it.

The other thought could be your bodies reaction to stimming.

I always wear back support (a corset) when stimming because I found that I was arching my back to "fight the stimulation" before becoming fully relaxed.. and that caused back pains and front abdominal muscle pain.

Its important to be relaxed before you start stimming else your body fights the muscle movements and it feels uncomfortable.

As always, E-stim is a trial and error game. Keep playing with electdode positions until it feels good.
merry
Active

Post by merry »

Hi,
I've triggered a couple of really! painful abdominal muscle contractions from stimming, these happened while using an anal electrode (my fave! e-stim systems small flange with just the inner contact energised) along with a PES base ring behind balls and a PES corona stimulator around glans in a triphase configuration from an Erostek ET-312B using the memory slot loaded non ramping 'rhythm2' setting, power levels around the 1-3 o'clock mark.

I have a background in fitness/weight training, healthy living, etc until my back issues put an end to my keep fit activities circa 2008. A few years ago I suffered an oblique muscle spasm on the right hand side that was almost as bad as a back spasm. The aftermath lasted around 3 weeks. I couldn't stand up straight, sitting and sleeping was a nightmare! and even on the cocktail of opiate painkillers I take for my wrecked back, shoulders and hips the pain from the oblique spasm was excruciating!.

Like yourself my stock stimming position is a seated one, usually on a leather settee with my back supported by a large softish leather cushion behind a firm! backrest I made from an old wing chair cushion around 6 inches thick. I have my legs spread apart, feet resting gently against/on the edge of a fairly low heavy! wooden coffee table that almost always creaks loudly from the tension in my legs when I cum, lol!.

I never made the connection that stimming could've triggered an oblique spasm but after reading your post I now think it's a possibility though how to avoid it happening again is a bit of a conundrum but at least I'm now aware of it.

Merry
"You'll understand when you cum my way" - 'Demons' Fatboy Slim Ft Macy Gray
"I know what it means to work hardon machines" - 'You Take Me Up' Thompson Twins
Forest501
Active

Post by Forest501 »

After more experience I’ve realized I can avoid the oblique issue by standing up and by being more careful to avoid the current traveling above my waste. In the past I was careless with touching electrodes to hold them in place. I started to feel a bit of heart flutter and that’s when I became more responsible in my approach.

I’ve had a small hernia in my scrotum for years. I’ve considered that as a possible source of the oblique connection. Ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk