ET312b and Smartstim 4 - Manual Control Help

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Dipper85

ET312b and Smartstim 4 - Manual Control Help

Post by Dipper85 »

Hi everyone ... first let me say I did my best to search the forum before asking for help with this. I'm a longtime stimmer having had my et312b for years and using mp3/audio3. I tried using Smartstim while the gentlemen running it was still with us but unfortunately, I would donate the $30 and my account frequently locked because I was not a frequent site user, this became tedious asking him to unlock it for me and then he began insisting I re-donate after only 1-2 months. I became frustrated with him and went back to the iPod and .mp3/audio3 method.

My question...Although the site is no longer available, I should still be able to connect to my et312 using the SS4 software and the link cable (according to him way back when). The Erostek software connects and "interactive control" there works fine. How do I get SS4 to connect to the "external device" in SS4's "manual mode"?

In SS4 I've set External Device to et312. In "manual control" it will show Device Status "synchronizing" forever after it seems to find it on a COM port. I am uncertain if I should be on the power up battery status screen or a routine on the device itself. Also, I've tried having the Eroslink software open and connected, thinking SS4 may communicate through it. I've tried restarting my PC and not opening eroslink at all too, to make sure the software wasn't locking/binding communication to the device. In one method (forget which) SS4 displays a Battery level of 12V, but doesn't seem connected. In another method mentioned it displays 0 Volt.

I figure there's a veteran out there somewhere that knows the in's and out's to guide me in the right direction.

Thank you for reading my novel here. -- Walt

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: ET312b and Smartstim 4 - Manual Control Help

Post by Stimaddict »