Buyer's Remorse

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
HFOaddict

Buyer's Remorse

Post by HFOaddict »

I had an ET-232 for years until it died. Got so many great HFOs out of it. I even hardwired up a headset mic to it for audio input so I could literally blow myself. I finally decided to replace it with a 2B and now unfortunately very disappointed. I understand there are 2 schools of thought on this - some want the built in programs, others want the stim files. Maybe 2B is better for stim files, but it's built in programs are inferior.
Not only are there far fewer modes on 2B than ET-232, but adjusting the modes requires both turning a knob and pushing a button; this is cumbersome when you are about to HFO and want to quickly change the setting at the last moment. Also some of the settings don't seem linear - i.e. changing from 80 to 90 is very different from 90-100. Worst of all, adjusting the frequency of some of the modes also changes the intensity; so when you try to slow down the stim rate, the intensity goes up - so every speed shift requires 2 adjustments to avoid pain or maintain feeling.
I've tried to like the audio files, but they don't seem to work for me. They seem to unexpectedly vary between no feeling at all and electrocution. They're also unpredictable unless you've memorized them, and may not even end up with HFO for all the time invested. So hard to get in a comfortable escalating rhythm towards HFO. Maybe I just haven't found the right ones?
The ET-232 on the other hand can be set in one mode, easily ramped up in speed and intensity, and then quickly switched to another mode for the finale. Maybe there's a perfect audio file for that, but what do I need it for if I can just do it myself with an ET-232?
Anyway, I'm seriously considering selling my 2B and getting an ET-232 again. Anyone here want to buy a gently used 2B?

Davespages
Active Developer

Re: Buyer's Remorse

Post by Davespages »

The 2B is possibly the most powerfull estim control box on the market.

The output mapping (as you mention not linear) can be adjusted in the new beta 2.122. There is 3 maps available for the output.

As you slow down modes such as pulse... the output will feel stronger as the box is outputting the pulse for longer.

Modes only need 1 press of the select button (not 2).in the new beta firmware.

I cant offer a comparison as I don't own anything other than 2bs and an estim remote... but i love the 2b that much I purchased a second just for backup.

I'd recommend trying the new firmware update before you decide to sell it on.
Another note.... whoever buys the 2b from you won't get the lifetime guarantee... thats not transferable.