Quick question about audio stimming

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
skysearcher
Active

Quick question about audio stimming

Post by skysearcher »

Hi all,

I am a musician and have several synthesisers, from the very old to the brand new. What kind of device from E-STIM would i need to translate the tones from say a JD-XA to the stim device, would be great if i could hook up a synth or drum machine, not complete songs. And make and share the files with other users.

Thanks in advance!!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick question about audio stimming

Post by admin »

You have two choices. The ABox or the 2B. The ABox does less processing on the audio, but is mono, the 2B is a stereo unit, but has signal processing. Both units were designed to work with music rather than pure audio tones.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
elentech
Active

Post by elentech »

translate the tones from say a JD-XA to the stim device
[POST DELETED]

Please note due to issues with copyright and product liability should anyone be injured from a published design, we do not allow the discussion or promotion of non commercial designs.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
skysearcher
Active

Post by skysearcher »

elentech wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:12 am
translate the tones from say a JD-XA to the stim device
[POST DELETED]

Please note due to issues with copyright and product liability should anyone be injured from a published design, we do not allow the discussion or promotion of non commercial designs.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Thanks for advice, i finally decided to buy the 2B connect pack! arriving today.

Cheers!
Rhamiel
Active

Post by Rhamiel »

skysearcher,

One approach would be to gather available audio files you like the sensations from, and listen to these through headphones /speakers.

You will then know what sorts of frequencies and timbres to generate from your audio equipment, to make your own audio stimfiles.

Use looping and serial mixing, to build adaptable journeys. :geek: