YouTube streaming

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
admin
Site Admin

YouTube streaming

Post by admin »

Hi all, if we run something like a YouTube stream for Q&A in relation to E-Stim Systems products would this be something that you would be interested in?

Secondly if you would be interested in it when would you like it to run? Evenings? Weekends?

Bear in mind we are a UK company therefore would have to work out some timings to allow people from around the world to contribute.

Thoughts?

Si

E-Stim Systems Ltd
eggmann
Active

Re: YouTube streaming

Post by eggmann »

What are the pro's and contras of the use of You tube?
Which impact will the use of another communication channel have on your own channel e-stim.net?
In my opinion you're creating an redundancy of info. Isn't it better and easier to have a single point of for entry and information gathering?
Satori
Active

Post by Satori »

Given time differences and what not, it might be difficult to catch it live, but I'd be interested in watching it after the fact if this happens.
soundcraft
Active Developer

Post by soundcraft »

Yes I would be interested in a live stream.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eggmann wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:41 am What are the pro's and contras of the use of You tube?
Which impact will the use of another communication channel have on your own channel e-stim.net?
In my opinion you're creating an redundancy of info. Isn't it better and easier to have a single point of for entry and information gathering?
Single point of info. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that we already use our YouTube channel to store video material and link to it from our various websites. You can reach videos either directly through YouTube or through the various links on the sites. Self hosting video is massively expensive for bandwidth and has numerous technical issues which is why we use YouTube instead providing we manage to ensure that none of our videos break YouTube rules.

If we run the streamed event then the link to that event would be published so as long as you have the link it's effectively a single point of contact. Then once the stream is over we can decide where we publish to make it easier for people to find.

PROs it's a universally nine well-maintained system that allows streaming across multiple platforms and devices. It's easy to set up and use to a high level and allows us to work across multiple locations. It's also scalable so the user experience is the same whether we have two people chatting 200 or 2000. And the simple fact is if it is easy to use
means we can do something more often. Using YouTube also allows us to easily record the stream and edit it for uploading to our current YouTube channel so if you missed it just search for E-Stim Systems on YouTube and you'll find us!!

https://www.youtube.com/c/EstimCoUkhome

CONS if you want to comment and join in on the conversation then you need to use YouTube and I'll be registered for YouTube before anyone who wishes to maintain their anonymity won't be able to join in unless they set up a ghost or 'burner account'. I'm not sure if YouTube allows anonymous posting
Due to the time differences someone in the world is going to be up at 2 am (hopefully not me!)

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd