Advice Please

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
newtostim

Advice Please

Post by newtostim »

HI,
I purchased a TENS unit a while ago for pain relief and although it was no good for that purpose,i experimented with it for e-stim,which i now enjoy on a regular basis.
Could someone please explain the difference between a TENS and a dedicated e-stim unit ? Apart from the fact that they are more controlable,do they give a different sensation than a TENS ? I have been looking at the Series 1,possibly the Ultra kit as the flanged electrode looks like it might be interesting..
Many thanks

estim_si
Staff

Re: Advice Please

Post by estim_si »

newtostim wrote:HI,
I purchased a TENS unit a while ago for pain relief and although it was no good for that purpose,i experimented with it for e-stim,which i now enjoy on a regular basis.
Could someone please explain the difference between a TENS and a dedicated e-stim unit ? Apart from the fact that they are more controlable,do they give a different sensation than a TENS ? I have been looking at the Series 1,possibly the Ultra kit as the flanged electrode looks like it might be interesting..
Many thanks
Control, power, sensation and safety. A made for play unit will have more control, normally over a wider range as the outputs required for stimulation of different to the levels required for pain relief. Made for play units are generally more powerful than a tens unit as again the output is dedicated to stimulation rather than pain relief. The sensations are again more powerful and more intense giving for some people the proverbial holy Grail of an HFO (hands free orgasm). Lastly the made for play unit is designed to be safe for the type of play it is used for, where as a tens unit was never designed to be used with insertable electrodes and across large parts of the body.

The flanged electrode as you mentioned with the Ultra kit is my personal favourite and works really well.

Hope this helps

Si
lister
Active

Post by lister »

I love my flange electrode.
jeffr001
Active

Post by jeffr001 »

Hi
I am thinking about buying my first electrode. I am wondering which one. There seems to be long ones, fat ones, and ones with different shaped end eg magnum is like a bullet and the others are more rounded.

Any suggestions? I like the flanged ones as they seem to offer something to hold them in place and avoid slipping inside (never to be found again...
misscaz
Active

Post by misscaz »

From a users point of view the flanged based electrode is a brilliant electrode for both Vaginal and anal stimulation. The slightly large base allows the electrode to be inserted thus giving you a deeper sensation and allows easy removal after usage.

Also the flanged base can on some females touch the head of the clitoris.

Caz aka Mrs E-Stim
jeffr001
Active

Post by jeffr001 »

Can I use an estim machine as a TENS unit. So when I want pain relief I can just use my estim unit?

Thanks
J
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

jeffr001 wrote:Can I use an estim machine as a TENS unit. So when I want pain relief I can just use my estim unit?

Thanks
J
Well the signals are similar in some ways, but its NOT a TENS unit and NOT a medical device so you would be using it at your own risk. However saying this I do know people who use both the 2B and the Series 1 for pain relief.

Si
Briancox2

Post by Briancox2 »

The difference between TENS and a dedicated dedicated e-stim unit are.

In case of a TENS it stands for (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation). It is the use of electric current produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. TENS by definition covers the complete range of transcutaneously applied currents used for nerve excitation although the term is often used with a more restrictive intent, namely to describe the kind of pulses produced by portable stimulators used to treat pain.You can get it from tens units.

And an E-stim unit is an electrical device that sends currents through unbroken skin via small electrodes that target muscles. E-stim units induce muscle contractions that are stimulated by excitation (current) produced directly at the motor nerve.
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Briancox2 wrote:And an E-stim unit is an electrical device that sends currents through unbroken skin via small electrodes that target muscles. E-stim units induce muscle contractions that are stimulated by excitation (current) produced directly at the motor nerve.
E-Stim units are mainly designed to to interact with the nervous system thus producing sensation, and are not targeting muscles. Higher levels of output do sometimes produce minor motor nerve stimulation but should not be confused with the muscle building 'slendertones' of the world, which are EMS systems, Electro muscle stimulators.

All TENS EMS and E-Stim units generate current, its the level of control and the waveforms that are designed for different applications. Think the difference between a small car and a F1/NASCAR racer, both cars, they just do it differently.

Si