e-stim vs erostek

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
danver
Active

Re: e-stim vs erostek

Post by danver »

I decided to get a 2B over the Erostek 312B for mainly three reasons:

- Price! I saved around 300$ by not getting the Erostek and I couldn't find enough arguments that justify spending that much more money
- The 2B still seems to be kinda actively developed
- The 2B has a developer's manual and allows you to write your own control software

The downsides I see are:

- The Erostek is still considered *the* estim box and thus comes with a feeling of getting the best you can buy for money
- I find it looks more solid (dunno if that is actually the case though)
- Most discussions and pre-made sessions etc. are still tailored to the E312B

Still, can't wait for my 2B to arrive! :)

birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

danver wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 pm - The 2B has a developer's manual and allows you to write your own control software
This was a big decider for me too, although I'm not sure what the 2B's API lets you do that you couldn't do using audio to be honest.
Unofficial Python API for the E-Stim 2B: https://github.com/fredhatt/estim2bapi
Generating sounds in Python: https://github.com/fredhatt/estimsoundsynth
neo80
Active Developer

Post by neo80 »

birdburdy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am
danver wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 pm - The 2B has a developer's manual and allows you to write your own control software
This was a big decider for me too, although I'm not sure what the 2B's API lets you do that you couldn't do using audio to be honest.
You can send orders to the 2b via serial port.
In example:
- Channel A 35%
- Channel B 28%
- Mode: step
- 'feel' adjust: 85
- Change to high (or low) power setting

With a good wire connection, you can send up to 10 - 12 orders per second
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

neo80 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm
birdburdy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 am
You can send orders to the 2b via serial port.
In example:
- Channel A 35%
- Channel B 28%
- Mode: step
- 'feel' adjust: 85
- Change to high (or low) power setting

With a good wire connection, you can send up to 10 - 12 orders per second
Sure, but you could generate the same feeling with audio too, I think.
tumblrjoeb
Active

Post by tumblrjoeb »

You can't create a short pulse using audio on the 2B. The smoothing algorithm stops this.

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

danver
Active

Post by danver »

Also--though I haven't yet checked if this is actually the case for the 2B--a serial connection should not only allow you to change the settings from the PC but also to inform the PC about changes the user dials in at the box.
birdburdy
Active Developer

Post by birdburdy »

tumblrjoeb wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:39 pm You can't create a short pulse using audio on the 2B. The smoothing algorithm stops this.
You can't really do it using the programming API either - the pulse needs to be about 3 seconds long to be felt because of the "ramping" that occurs.
It's possible to use the 2B remotely too; I built a bluetooth adaptor, and created an app for Android, so it can be controlled that way. That gives you a lot more flexibility than most of the boxes built for remote use
From memory yes you can do this by querying the status of the 2B.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

Yes, indeed. With my apps, that even holds for remote connections - so if you're stimming someone over the internet and they've turned the level down, you'll see that reflected in your app, within a second or so.

You can do lots of things with audio, true - but you might have to spend ages creating the necessary sound files to do so. On the other hand, with computer control it's much easier to say something like "Run this program for 10 minutes, taking 3 minutes to reach the settings, then run this program for 20 minutes, taking 2 minutes to reach the settings"
Witham

Post by Witham »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 am Hmmm... better display, more power, mains adaptor option, upgradability, easier controls... its that a good start?

Si
It's a lot better imo.
Last edited by Witham on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
plasmaions

Post by plasmaions »

First, I am not affiliated with anyone selling Estim units. that said, I have been doing Estim for about fifteen years begining with very cheap units then graduating to Folsom then a Pes, both were Not what I wished for as sexual stimulation. Almost two years ago, desperate for The Real Thing, I purchased ErosTec 312B and was initially disappointed as I used the builtin routines other than Orgasmic which was too brief during The Good Feeling, then I discovered Estim sound files. WOW WOW AND WOW, what a difference depending on the Stim file. Each sound file is unique in the sensations one feels, some to me feels exactly like haveing an Orgasm from the Prostate with the root/bulb of ones penis spams clenching up to the tip of the penis with no fluid orgasm but a continued intense feeling of Cumming that last intensely for me up to fifteen, twenty minutes before the intense feeling loses that just right Cumm feeling as the muscle fatigue and the nerves adapt to the current. Still, Twenty minutes VS a few seconds maybe a minutes of a Real Cumm, oh Wow, for me anyway.

Even though ErosTec delivers, there may be others that deliver More, that is the Question I pose, hopefully to those who can will provide an Objective Opinion, although, I realize not many may have invested in two or more of the more pricey Estim Units. The ONE i have viewed, attempted to find unbiased research is the 2B, possibly the Pebble roo. You know Guys, when it concerns Pleasure, especially sexual pleasure, within reason, money should never be a deterrent. I am older therefore any device that cause one to have the sexual sensations of like the song
Feels Like The First Time definitely is worth the expense.
That is why even though the ErosTec does Good, I am searching for an alternative that does not alter the sound files waveform as the ErosTec does. I feel confident there would be a unique difference tween the Erostec and a unit that was more of a Stereo Stim, abett Not as dangerous as some of the original Stereo Stims were to having a raw dc output. Yeah, the ErostEC could have more power even at high power as after Stimming for several hours the nerves adjust to the higher outputs and sometimes You just wanna mix a little pain into the pleasure to or I do .

This is my appraisal of the Erostec . I am not one to think whatever I have is the best otherwise I would not have purchased it. I am sure some of you know of those whatever they have is awesome and everyones else is junk. haha
Me, I tell like it is or How I feel concerning Estim and I believe other Estim units are as good or better than the Erostec , althogh, I would not throw rocks at the Erostec either as it has an does provide me with hours of pleasure everyday, Yeah, I am retired.
Those of you with others Estim units, especially, those who have used the Erostec 312B, would you
Tell It Like It Is concerning your experiences? Thank You to those of you who reply, It is Appreciated.