download and smartstim closed?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
teslasfolly

Re: download and smartstim closed?

Post by teslasfolly »

Hello,

I'm having the same problem trying to join the smartstim forum.
Two different email addresses, multiple requests to send the activation key and emails to the admin.
Does anybody have a back door in?

Thanks

bodaborg
Active

Post by bodaborg »

I had the same problem. Got it working by using a self-registered domain (eg. monkey@myowndomain.co.uk). I'm using Google Apps on it, so they don't block google servers, just gmail.

Hope that helps.
teslasfolly

Post by teslasfolly »

Short self-registered domain, any other ideas?

Thanks
bodaborg
Active

Post by bodaborg »

Use an adress that is really obscure (for an american, as it's an american who runs the site). Use google translate and try prehaps a russian, or chineese email?
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

No it's run by a UK guy. And obscure emails addresses are much more likely to generate spam flags. Climberr is active on Fetlife, so you might get him on there, but it's all down to him protecting his board agains spammers - we have the same issue here, but don't have the same amount of spammers hitting us.

We see 30-50 signup attempts a day from spammers, and sometimes 80-100 spamming messages - it's why all new members are initially moderated.
czylry

Post by czylry »

I have been trying for about a month now to get onto Smartstim. I got in VERY briefly about a week ago and now it keeps telling me that my password is wrong. I was having problems for a bit but then got in so I immediately wrote down my password so I know it is right. Anyone else ever get this sorted out?
Ruhinga
Active

Post by Ruhinga »

I have been trying to get in for about a month as well (maybe a bit more, I forget exactly). Unfortunately, I have not had any luck.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I had multiple problems getting registered for smartstim just like many others who posted in this thread. It seemed no matter what email address I used, it was rejected. After thoroughly reading this thread, I signed up for a free Yahoo email account, registered at smartstim, and had access within minutes. Quite honestly, it was harder to find a Yahoo ID that wasn't being used than it was to register for smartstim after I had a Yahoo account. If you had problems before, try using a Yahoo email address and you should get in.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem with smartstim.com, as with many other forums is as things get more and more popular, spammers see them as a source of revenue and start to hit the site. Like any antispam system it is possible to counteract this, but while doing so you are in a situation where normal genuine users will be blocked, as an example you cannot simply block all gmail accounts just because one or two or even 10 spammers are using gmail.

We moderate all new users for a period of time, and delete spam messages, but we still managed to see 10s of messages every day from all over the world. It does mena more work for the admin team, but at the moment we can cope.

We do not have a secret pipeline to the mods of smartstim.com, we like everyone else either use an additional email account, or try to contact the mods via other forums, but it does seem a bit pointless to visit one e-stim forum, to then have to jump to another forum to contact the mod of a third forum in order to get access to it - its the worlds most complex anti spam system I have ever found!!

More and more people are using this forum, and don't forget it is not just for users of E-Stim Systems kit, but also caters for anyone interested in electroplay or electrostim in general. So if you want to know something, and you are a member of this forum, then why not post on here first? with over 800 members you are bound to get a response.

Si
E-Stim Systems
E-Stim Systems Ltd