Package on the way! Questions...

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
qx17

Package on the way! Questions...

Post by qx17 »

Have a 2b and various and sundry items on the way. Can't wait. New to this and have questions about safety and some of the equipment. Hoping you good people here can help. Here goes...

1) I'm not certain I have a handle on how to make certain I don't connect a circuit across my chest. I will certainly be staying below the waist. My concern is hand touching. If I have an electrode inserted anally and I touch the base with one hand, while inadvertently touching my cock with the other hand while wearing a rubber conductive loop, is there danger of completing a circuit across the chest through the hands?

2) Is the safe thing to do to wear one rubber glove? Will the thin medical rubber gloves work to prevent conductivity? Or would I need something thicker?

3) Can I connect one lead to a bipolar electrode and still have it work -- as long as I connect the other lead to something else?

4) I read that the splitter cable does not necessarily give you conductivity to all electrodes. So what is the point? I was assuming that if I split a channel with the splitter cable that I would attach two electrodes and they would share the charge. That would allow me to use more electrodes at one time with the 2b. What am I not understanding?

5) Is surgilube conductive? What do people use with electro sounds to stay both sterile and conductive?

Thank you all kindly in advance for your insight and responses.

Q

czylry

Re: Package on the way! Questions...

Post by czylry »

I am going to try and answer your questions as you have asked them.

1. As long as all the contacts are below the waist, there is no danger of you making a connection across your chest. Please keep in mind my answer is for SOLO use. There are certain precautionary measures you will have to take if you are using the unit with a partner but that is a different question. It is suffice to say though, that electricity follows the shortest distance from one lead to the other. Best way to describe it, if you put one lead on your toe and the other on your knee, the current will flow from your toe to your knee (or reverse) but will not travel any further up your leg.

2. You can wear a rubber glove if you like and yes, it will keep current from flowing through your hand but as long as you don't touch the area being stimulated with your hand while the current is flowing, (and I can't think any reason why you would want to), then you shouldn't need the glove... See above....

3. You can connect one lead of a bi-polar and have it work. I do it all the time. One of the channels on my unit went completely out (ET312B) so I was limited. I used one side of a bipolar on an anal plug and the other side on a tens pad or conductive rubber and it works just fine.

4. A splitter cable will provide electricity to anything you split it to. Just keep in mind that every time you split the current, then you cut the power in half as well. Electricity is like water... you only get so much of it coming down a pipe. Lets say that you have a 1" pipe pumping water at it's maximum flow rate. if you split that 1" pipe into 2 - 1" pipes, you don't get flow of maximum water in either of the pipes you split the 1"pipe into. The 1" pipe is doing all it can and can't pump any harder (no pun intended... LOL)

5. I am not 100% sure if surgilube is conductive but with sounds, the current path is so short to the path, that you really don't need a conductive gel for internal use. This is something you will have to just try out to see what I mean. Conductive Gel helps for external use considerably, especially for "Hot Spots" (places the pad's or devices don't make a solid contact and you get a spark that can sting a bit) but you really don't have that problem for internal electrodes.

Hope that helps you out.
Have fun :)