advice on stereo-stim

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
iacrus224

advice on stereo-stim

Post by iacrus224 »

ive been looking for a new stereo-stim box and was thinking of getting the BT-Stim Stereo stim unit. does anyone know if it is worth the buy, and if it works with the Phaser E-stim software?

admin
Site Admin

Re: advice on stereo-stim

Post by admin »

Having not had any experience with the unit you mention, nor the software I cannot comment directly, but I know there have been threads over at smartstim.com regarding the provence and safety on the unit. As it appears to offer 'more power than a ET312', I would be concerned that the unit does not have the same levels of safety in the design present on our 2B or, even the ET312, especially when reading some of their sales blurb.

There are a couple of interesting threads here discussing the unit http://smartstim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... im#p235706 and http://socialstim.org/content/bt-stim-box, but bear in mind that BigTip, the author of may of the BTstim treads on the socialstim site is heavily involved with the promotion and distribution of the unit. (As I am with the 2B, but then I do disclose that!!)

The socialStim thread makes heavy play of the fact that the BTstim box does not 'alter' the in coming waveform, and allows the range from 50-5000Hz to pass, where all the other units clip the output. Well firstly we (the 2B and to an extent the ET312) clip the higher frequencies for a very good reason, they cannot be felt but can still cause damage, and secondly all amplifiers will change or distort the driving waveform, so to state that a box doesn't is incorrect, and does no reflect well on the design of the rest of the unit.

Incedentally I wouldn't be paying $349 for a stereo stim unit that can be possibly made from designs on smartstim for less that $50.

$349 is a very high amount for a basic stereostim unit (adding lights in my opinion does not make it 'advanced'), especially when you can purchase a 2B for $399, a unit that is upgradeable, offers more modes, higher levels of safety, is well known and comes with a strong customer following, and a lifetime guarantee.

In the end there is a big difference between a commercially produced made for play unit like our the 2B, ET312 and what appears to be a more home made 'stereostim unit'. Stereostim does give a different feel to e-stim, but is much more dependent on the user/driver to get good results safely.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Onwrikbaar
Active

Post by Onwrikbaar »

iacrus224 wrote:ive been looking for a new stereo-stim box and was thinking of getting the BT-Stim Stereo stim unit. does anyone know if it is worth the buy, and if it works with the Phaser E-stim software?
I have no first-hand experience with the BT-Stim (I presume BT stands for BigTip, who designed it), but I hear from various sources that it works very well with Phaser.
MettSwitcH

Post by MettSwitcH »

admin wrote:Having not had any experience with the unit you mention, nor the software I cannot comment directly, but I know there have been threads over at smartstim.com regarding the provence and safety on the unit. As it appears to offer 'more power than a ET312', I would be concerned that the unit does not have the same levels of safety in the design present on our 2B or, even the ET312, especially when reading some of their sales blurb.

There are a couple of interesting threads here discussing the unit http://smartstim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... im#p235706 and http://socialstim.org/content/bt-stim-box, but bear in mind that BigTip, the author of may of the BTstim treads on the socialstim site is heavily involved with the promotion and distribution of the unit. (As I am with the 2B, but then I do disclose that!!)

The socialStim thread makes heavy play of the fact that the BTstim box does not 'alter' the in coming waveform, and allows the range from 50-5000Hz to pass, where all the other units clip the output. Well firstly we (the 2B and to an extent the ET312) clip the higher frequencies for a very good reason, they cannot be felt but can still cause damage, and secondly all amplifiers will change or distort the driving waveform, so to state that a box doesn't is incorrect, and does no reflect well on the design of the rest of the unit.

Incedentally I wouldn't be paying $349 for a stereo stim unit that can be possibly made from designs on smartstim for less that $50.

$349 is a very high amount for a basic stereostim unit (adding lights in my opinion does not make it 'advanced'), especially when you can purchase a 2B for $399, a unit that is upgradeable, offers more modes, higher levels of safety, is well known and comes with a strong customer following, and a lifetime guarantee.

In the end there is a big difference between a commercially produced made for play unit like our the 2B, ET312 and what appears to be a more home made 'stereostim unit'. Stereostim does give a different feel to e-stim, but is much more dependent on the user/driver to get good results safely.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Hello.
Which frequencis are considered high?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Generally anything above 6Khz.
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

Is there really a difference in regard to the feel of a pure stereostim-unit compared to a unit like the 2B? If so, wouldn't it be great, if E-Stim Systems would also offer a 2-channel streostim-unit? Are you planning to produce such a unit in the near future?

I am extremely happy with my 2B, but since I would sometimes like additional channels or like to combine a program of the 2B with stereostim (at other positions on the body), I am thinking whether it could be a good idea to buy a pure stereostim-unit on top (though the price seems much to high...).
admin wrote:Having not had any experience with the unit you mention, nor the software I cannot comment directly, but I know there have been threads over at smartstim.com regarding the provence and safety on the unit. As it appears to offer 'more power than a ET312', I would be concerned that the unit does not have the same levels of safety in the design present on our 2B or, even the ET312, especially when reading some of their sales blurb.
Though I have registered on smartstim, I am not able to find any information or reviews about the BT-unit there - at least not on the forums which are open to newly registered members. Could you perhaps give us some information about the contents of the threats you refer to on smartstim?
admin wrote:There are a couple of interesting threads here discussing the unit http://smartstim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... im#p235706 and http://socialstim.org/content/bt-stim-box, ...
I have found the discussion on Socialstim - but as you noted, Bigtip is heavily involved in the promoting of the BT-unit and with the forum itself. Thus it is difficult to judge the quality and comprehensiveness of the contents of the threat regarding the BT-unit. When clicking to the link you gave on smartstim (after loging in), unfortunately the message "You are not authorised to read this forum" is shown (unfortunately it is also not stated to which closed forum on Smartstim the link refers to).

So, could you perhaps give us some Information what is said in the discussions for which you gave the link? I am aware that I am asking a lot about a competitive product.

In general, I agree §349 seems an extremely high price for a unit which offers only stereostim. And the costs of shipping and import-taxes are going to come on top. Also - I guess - the unit does not provide the CE-Label. These alone are strong arguments against the unit.

However, these are the reason for the question: Is there really a difference which justifies a pure stereostim-unit - regarding the BT-unit in particular and regarding any other pure stereostim-unit in general (though I have not found any such unit commercially produced unit apart of your 1-channel ABox).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pure stereo stim units are effectively an amplifier, with generally some form of resistor or other circuit in the output to limit current. There are several designs around, Smartstim is a good resource for these, but they all have their limitations in terms of safety, which is why no commercial company offers such a unit with all of the relevant safety certifications in place, and generally you need to have some knowledge of the basic circuits to get the best out of them. In reference to the BT unit there have been issues between BigTip and Climberr (the owner of Smartstim), over its design and safety hence the reasons threads do vanish from time to time.

Stereostim units are very dependent on the source for the sensation, hence the myriad numbers of tracks available, all of which sound terrible, but do provide people with the sensations they are looking for. All of our designs, the 2B, the ABox and more recently the ElectroPebble, use music sources to generate the sensation and thus have to place some form of processing within the unit to convert from a music track to a stim signal. This allows us to ensure the safety of the user, and also give a generally pleasurable sensation, but there are always going to be some limitations as to what a unit can do with music.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd