Combining two powerboxes - experiences?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Stef19
Active

Combining two powerboxes - experiences?

Post by Stef19 »

Does anyone has experiences with using two powerboxes with 2 channels each? - for instance to combine stereostimming on two channels with a fixed program on one or two other channels on other bodyparts?

How does it feel? Or ist the use of two powerboxes (for instance two 2B's) - and thereyby using 3 or 4 channels with two different kind of programs - too much sensation to be enjoyed?

neo80
Active Developer

Re: Combining two powerboxes - experiences?

Post by neo80 »

Better than just one!!
Sometimes, depending on the setting of each box, you can feel an 'interference' between them. It's a weird and very pleasurable feeling
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

How do you set up the two units (bodyparts...)?
Stef19
Active

Triphase-Combinations of two powerboxes

Post by Stef19 »

I have now used two 2B-units at the same time.
a) one unit: using the channels separately for a bipolar anal plug and for two penis electrodes at the base and at the glans of the penis (in Stereostim-Mode),
b) the second unit: by applying two very small cut out tens pads on each nippel next to each other (thereby using a separate channel for each nipple) (in Wave mode)

The combination was really pleasurable.

Topic 1:
Now I am thinking whether in would be possible to create a Triphase-setup combining one channel of Box 1 (for instance in Stereomode) and one channel of Box 2 (for instance in Throb-mode).
i) Is there someone who has tried this?
ii) Would this endanger the two units?

Topic 2:
i) Has anyone tried to use a Triphase Setup on Box1 and adding also the black-connecter of channel 1 of Box 2 to the combined channels of the triphase-setup of box 1: Thereby creating a "fourthphase"-Setup for 4 electrodes?
ii) Could such a Setup endanger the units?

(Both units would be 2B's)
dirtyslave0

Post by dirtyslave0 »

MickEstim wrote: As for using two 2B's we would not recommend using two devices on the same body at the same time as it is possible you could damage one of them by effectively one box stimming the other unit.
From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8774

As you see, I don't understand why this should be a problem, any inputs?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dirtyslave0 wrote:
MickEstim wrote: As for using two 2B's we would not recommend using two devices on the same body at the same time as it is possible you could damage one of them by effectively one box stimming the other unit.
From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8774

As you see, I don't understand why this should be a problem, any inputs?
The quote has been taken a little out of context, but I can see where the confusion occurs. As the 2B has isolated outputs then there is no issue with using more than one 2B at a time, It would be as the OP posted a little like having a 4 channel 2B, so have fun. (This statement is only correct if both units are 2B's.

We do generally say don't use more that one device as most of the time when we are asked the question people are asking about using different units together, as although generally this would not cause an issue, the day we say its ok will be the day someone plugs a box into another box, blows something up and then blames us, hence the general recommendation about not using more than one unit.

As an example, would you connect the outputs of two amplifiers to the same speaker? Most modern designs would not have an issue but there is no guarantee that something untoward could happen.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

admin wrote:As the 2B has isolated outputs then there is no issue with using more than one 2B at a time, It would be as the OP posted a little like having a 4 channel 2B, so have fun. (This statement is only correct if both units are 2B's.
Thank you for your answer to dirtyslave0. Does this mean that also the two connection options I asked about in my previous post (triphase or "fourphase" between two 2B-units) won't be a problem or endanger the units?

Do you have experiences with that kind of setups?
dirtyslave0

Post by dirtyslave0 »

Thanks for the answer too. It clarify my confusion.
psg

Post by psg »

I've not tried connecting two boxes to each other but I have frequently used two with separate electrodes. So far have found it good if kept in separate areas but if the electrical path overlaps at all they often cancel each other out or over stimulate so you get less value rather than more. Another handy option is the ability to move the e-stim around without having to change configs, to keep it "fresh" for longer or apply different waveforms to different body bits.
Stef19
Active

Post by Stef19 »

admin wrote:As an example, would you connect the outputs of two amplifiers to the same speaker? Most modern designs would not have an issue but there is no guarantee that something untoward could happen.Si
I am sorry, but I am not sure whether you have answered "dirtyslave0" with this comment, or both of us. Thus I would be happy, if you could give some comments regarding the following questions:
  • - Does this mean that also the two connection options I asked about in my previous post (triphase or "fourphase" between two 2B-units) won't be a problem or endanger the units?
    - Do you have experiences with that kind of setups?