Can a 3.5mm audio splitter be used to double devices from one output?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
jimbobofmoo
Active

Can a 3.5mm audio splitter be used to double devices from one output?

Post by jimbobofmoo »

Hi all

I'm new here.

Now this is bit of an odd question, but I'm new to e-stim/electro.
I purchased a second hand Series 2 unit with various kit inc plug, sound, nipple clamps, loops etc. Really happy with the kit, and despite the Series 2 being old it seems to work well and will suit my needs.

The nipple clamps are bipolar which I believe is safer that uni polar. Giving them a test run last night I got to about level 30 on each channel on the low setting (don't laugh) before it got painful.
This felt great, but obviously the downside was I had no spare channel for another toy.

I was therefore wondering, considering the low power output for my requirements, could I use a 3.5mm audio splitter adapter to allow me to plug both sets of bipolar nipple clamps into the one channel? I'd expect I'd need twice the power at that point to achieve the same goal, but considering that would only be level 60 on low that wouldn't seem to be an issue.

Any thoughts? Stupid suggestion?

Regards

jimbobofmoo
Active

Re: Can a 3.5mm audio splitter be used to double devices from one output?

Post by jimbobofmoo »

To answer my own question, yes it can. Just bought a mono splitter cable on ebay for £4 and it one channel now happily powers 2x bipolar nipple clamps. Oddly it doesn't seem to require any extra power either.