MyStim Cluster Buster

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
FelixThePony
Active

MyStim Cluster Buster

Post by FelixThePony »

Hi,

just ordered one of those MyStim Cluster Busters.

Looks a lot like the unit I always wanted from you E-Stim Systems guys ;-)

If these small units would have a bluetooth interface and a decent phone app, that would be heaven.

Kai

FelixThePony
Active

Re: MyStim Cluster Buster

Post by FelixThePony »

...got it yesterday and tried it out.

Nifty little unit, build quality better than expected (but my 2B is way better built ;-))

Functionality is limited, but fun and here comes the kicker:

What sets the 2B apart (in general) is that they (E-Stim Sys.) develop the firmware further, their upgrade path is clearly defined, necessary hardware for upgrading the firmware (cable etc.) is available. In addition the 2B serial protocol is disclosed, at least to those who want to develop 3rd party apps.

I have at this point no idea what spin the Mystim guys have regarding firmware (and after one hour of play I have ideas for least 3 improvements/bug fixes) so this remains a big question....
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

How does the Cluster Buster feel? Is it smooth enough for a HFO? OR is it harsh like a cheap Tens unit? What modes does it include? Really looking for an ultra portable remote estim solution.
KennyT
Active

Post by KennyT »

I have a Bluetooth adapter I used im my old Jeep. You just gave me an idea. It has a built in battery and is about the size of 1/2 of a bic lighter.
Charged up, it will run for hours with no external power. I'm going to try it on my 2B box.

If it works I will now have a 2B box with bluetooth capabilities. Heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
KennyT
UKRubberguy
Active

Post by UKRubberguy »

FelixThePony wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 pm
I have at this point no idea what spin the Mystim guys have regarding firmware (and after one hour of play I have ideas for least 3 improvements/bug fixes) so this remains a big question....
Given that I believe this is an off the shelf TENS unit, much like the other MyStim products I doubt there will be any updates to it, after all I don't remember any updates to their other units like you get with the 2B, I guess that is what sets E-Stim Systems apart from many of the other companies, they actually design and manufacture their products, not only that they play with them, which for me makes a big difference.
FelixThePony
Active

Post by FelixThePony »

...it does in fact have a lot in common with the PlayMakar units, but the firmware seems to be modified.

I now have 3 channels working (including a Moaner) and, while being not terribly powerful, the unit does deliver some fun..... ;-)
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

UKRubberguy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:04 pm
FelixThePony wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 pm
Given that I believe this is an off the shelf TENS unit, much like the other MyStim products I doubt there will be any updates to it, after all I don't remember any updates to their other units like you get with the 2B, I guess that is what sets E-Stim Systems apart from many of the other companies, they actually design and manufacture their products, not only that they play with them, which for me makes a big difference.
Yea... I'll pass on that I guess if its like a $20 tens unit with a remote/radio IC built in. My experience with those cheap units are it goes from feel, "eh, yea there's electricity" to "OUCH! TURN THAT OFF" when going between levels. Doesn't feel good to me, imo.

Major props to E-Stim Systems for doing that. This is such a small market/niche in the sex toy market, its nice to have a company that makes good products, stands behind them and updates software, allows others to develop software on their hardware.

I like Erostek products as well, but the products do feel dated and have limitations imo. I've used a couple of their power boxes and did get HFO results from them and they felt good to use.

I've never tried PES's or Foslom power boxes (I think this company went out of business?).

It's nice that there is a variety of power boxes to pick from. Its also nice to own a few boxes from different companies and see how each one compares.