Request: Small Bluetooth 2 channel Estim box full of features

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
estimfun
Developer

Request: Small Bluetooth 2 channel Estim box full of features

Post by estimfun »

If I knew how I would make it. My dream estim box:

-Small and compact, easily fits into your pocket.
-Bluetooth connectivity, control it with your phone and or other Bluetooth device (raspberry pi)
-Powerfull, it packs a punch and keeps on giving
-Refined, it feels smooth and is very adjustable, you can dial in that perfect feel
-Open about commands, similar to the 2b Developers Forum where you can write your own programs to control the estim box
-Mic activated program
-Motion activated progra
-Motion and mic activated program
-Allow upload of custom programs
-Android and Iphone App

I love the 2b but its too large for public/secret stimming. I'd also love to have a partner wear the estim box that I can control while were out at a bar/club. Force a HFO at the worst possible time :o , or write a program with the open commands that were shared in the Developers forum to do that for me.

Granted I know this is a really small niche market and its not easy to develop the software and boxes. That would probably be my dream box.

FelixThePony
Active

Re: Request: Small Bluetooth 2 channel Estim box full of features

Post by FelixThePony »

...I second that ;-)
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

I was thinking if there was an issue with making the Apple/Android apps, if the commands for the box are open source , the community on here will probably make an app for it. Seems like almost everyone on here knows how to code.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

Found what I was looking for sort of.
Found a Tens/EMS device thats single channel and is about the size of my thumb. Yes , its tiny. It's also bluetooth controled and has a lithium ion battery and 1-100 power levels.

The bad is the app is pretty bad and the there only a few modes , which 1/2 feel like full on BDSM torture. Bluetooth conectivy goes in and out. It doesn't register like a regular blue tooth device, you just have Bluetooth on and the app finds it. Sadly it doesn't hold the connection very good.

I Immediately hooked up some loops and went to town. It's small enough to fit under clothes and provide a very compact/stealth stim session.

It's pretty powerful, at 17% I can just barley notice it 50% is pretty strong, 75% has me on my tip toes, stopping what I'm doing and almost holding my breath. I haven't taken it past 85%. As with all Estim, I got used to it and it feels less effective the longer you use it. Throwing a condom over the loops, while the whole setup is stuffed in your underwear is pretty intense. I almost blew my load.

I think it could be fun for some couples public play. It's completely silent, but as I said the app for it is bad and unreliable. It's also so intense (like most estim) I don't know if I'll ever take this past my bedroom, but I like that I have a super compact stealth estim unit that I could.

The modes on it are all geared for TENS/EMS , so sadly there aren't a whole lot of choices you can do. It does have a manual mode that you can change pulse frequency, ect but I didn't play with that. I did find one mode which is a slow pulsing on and off that feels smooth and like "intense" mode when on.

It doesn't feel as powerful as the 2b or 312B obviously, or are the modes as good as those boxes.

I'm going to see if I can capture the bluetooth codes to it and make my own software with it.

I'm not listing the brand or model of the estim box or where I got it because I don't know that E-Stim Systems would be ok with that. It's also a EMS/TENS made device. I think a BDSM/Sex made ESTIM device of this size and capability would be a solid hit with the BDSM crowds out there.
LondonSubNigel
Active Developer

Post by LondonSubNigel »

One of the things you would have to think about quite hard with something like this is security, too. There has been a lot of negative press regarding various app/BT controlled sex toys that either log what you're doing, and send it to the maker, or simply don't have adequate security, so that more or less anyone with the app can turn on a stranger's butt plug, and so on.

These things can be surmounted, but any maker looking to release an electrosex device based on something like this would probably want to put a lot of thought into that side of things, lest they become the next person to be called out for privacy or security issues in such a sensitive area.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

LondonSubNigel wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:26 pm One of the things you would have to think about quite hard with something like this is security, too. There has been a lot of negative press regarding various app/BT controlled sex toys that either log what you're doing, and send it to the maker, or simply don't have adequate security, so that more or less anyone with the app can turn on a stranger's butt plug, and so on.

These things can be surmounted, but any maker looking to release an electrosex device based on something like this would probably want to put a lot of thought into that side of things, lest they become the next person to be called out for privacy or security issues in such a sensitive area.
Good points. The mini tens unit I talked about above is Low Energy Bluetooth and is always open and can only take one connection at a time and doesn't register anything or send passcodes to "dock" to your phone. So anyone with the app can control it. It's not stable enough to have a partner control it imo. But it sure is small enough to wear on your body and not have it be seen. It delivers in power, just the app for it really sucks.

I looked inside of it and its has a tiny 3v lithium battery, looks like a bunch of mini transistors assuming making a H bridge, a 100v capacitor, and assuming whats an inductor coil, a microchip that has built in bluetooth and they have the antenna built into the board. Assuming it works by switching the coil on and off and the voltage spikes in combination with the capacitor they use the transistors to make it + and - voltage? Electrical engineering is my weak spot, so I'm not sure if thats how it works. Everything is SMD, put together to make a 1 inch by 4 inch by 1/4 inch estim unit. The modes give a lot of different feelings considering how small the unit is. It's registered with the FCC and has the specs of the wave forms and frequency listed. Saying it fits safely with in the medical realm of TENS/EMS and has been tested.

Imagine someone with an electrical engineering degree and a good scope could design something as compact and similar but with a more open microchip and a mini motion sensor and microphone and not use low energy bluetooth. But that would probably kill that tiny battery. The battery in it is the size of a quarter. No idea how people make these things and know that they are safe. I leave that up to the experts who design this stuff.

Feeling wise, it feels similar to pulse and intense modes on the higher end estim units. Kind of interesting they don't use a audio transformer, but just a tiny inductor coil and capacitor.
Majorityon
Active

Post by Majorityon »

I suspect the inductor is part of a boost converter that steps up the voltage to a few 10s of volts; then that is applied to the output (and you) by the H bridge. Quite a neat way to do it - you get galvanic isolation between channels if you used more than 1 unit (but would need the BT to support that from the app). One could imagine using a similar approach in a multi-channel unit where you have separate boost converters using transformers to generate several separate high voltage supplies that are galvanically isolated; then separate H bridge output stages opto isolated from the controller. The transformers then only have to handle the power step up at a fixed high frequency rather than the actual stim waveform so they can be smaller and probably off the shelf.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

Majorityon wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:53 am I suspect the inductor is part of a boost converter that steps up the voltage to a few 10s of volts; then that is applied to the output (and you) by the H bridge. Quite a neat way to do it - you get galvanic isolation between channels if you used more than 1 unit (but would need the BT to support that from the app). One could imagine using a similar approach in a multi-channel unit where you have separate boost converters using transformers to generate several separate high voltage supplies that are galvanically isolated; then separate H bridge output stages opto isolated from the controller. The transformers then only have to handle the power step up at a fixed high frequency rather than the actual stim waveform so they can be smaller and probably off the shelf.
I just looked up a boost converter circuit and it looks almost the same. + power -> inductor coil - schotcsky type diode - capacitor - H bridge transistors. Inbetween the inductor coil and diode its connected to a transistor that I am assuming is connected to the chip that puts out a PWM signal. I'm guessing the H bridge flip flops the polarity to make the waveforms AC. Not sure how all that works. Assuming there's a digital potentiometer controlling the output, probably 10K too.

I'd be interested in how all this works together, I still don't understand. I'd be interested in seeing a schematic. Wondering what the limitations of this kind of build vs an audio transformer build is. The advntages of this kind of build is the whole thing is the size of a postage stamp and only a 1/4 inch thick.
Majorityon
Active

Post by Majorityon »

You can control the voltage to which the capacitor is charged by changing the duty cycle of the pulses driving the transistor. Basically the longer the transistor is switched on, the higher the current in the inductor, which leads to a higher voltage spike when the transistor turns off. That charges the capacitor to a higher voltage through the Shottky diode.
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

So how does it control the patterns? There's a mode where its on for like 15 seconds, doesn't lose power for that 15 seconds, feels like "intense mode", then there are super quick pulses mode, there's a mode that super quick pulse which get faster and faster until its back into intense mode. Whats controlling the speed of the pulses? If the transistor connected to the inductor controls the power level, whats controlling the "mode"?