General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: New member

Post by Stimaddict »

Majorityon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:13 am ...with the common on my cock root, band just behind the glans, and a perineum pad. [...] next time will put the common just behind the glans.
Hi MJO
If you are using a pad at the base of your cock it should be placed on the underside. If using a CR loop at the penis base you should insulate the TOP HALF of your loop with insulating tape. Otherwise you have TWO separate electrodes BOTH stimming the Dorsal nerve which runs along the top of your penis to serve the glans, causing interference and cross-chatter. Same goes if using a ball loop - always insulate the top half.

You really should get the mains adapter because it offers an immediate power boost of up to 30%. The 2B eats through 9v batteries on high power.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Majorityon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:13 amWhat are the recommended internal programs for triphase?
This gets a bit technical. We all, perhaps incorrectly, refer to TRIPHASE when we really mean a 3-ELECTRODE SETUP. *TRUE* Triphase is something different.

A 3-electrode setup will produce two signals, one per channel. It drives current and sensation to the 'Common' electrode which can be delightful and the interaction between the two signals can feel enhanced.

*TRUE* TriPhase sensations involve the perception of a distinct third 'phantom' signal moving between the other two, achieved by having two phasing signals active on the output simultaneously. In stimming terms "true triphase" is a perceived sensory illusion working in a similar way to listening to Binaural Beat tones through headphones.

There is only one commercial stim box with an inbuilt routine capable of producing the true TriPhase effect, the Erostek ET312. However both the ET312 and the 2B can produce true TriPhase effects via STEREO audio input using certain stimfiles. TBH I've never found 'true triphase' to be as good as the purists go on about, so personally I don't think it's worth getting too hung up about.

So all of the 2B's routines work well with a 3-electrode setup (I'd especially recommend Waterfall mode) but cannot produce the "true triphase effect".
Majorityon
Active

Post by Majorityon »

I've now had a few sessions with the 2B and getting to know it better - a very different experience from what I'm used to with the old EM140. There is much more subtlety in the control and also some unexpected effects. For example, using a "triphase" setup, depending on the polarities one can get signal cancellation, but that can lead to some toe curling moments with certain routines when one channel drops to zero before the other and suddenly what was being cancelled, isn't! I have induced some very intense HFOs, looking forward to more practice. I am very tempted to start using the Commander to produce some experimental and repeatable routines.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Stim boxes use a kind of alternating current waveform so there is no positive or negative. For the "Common" electrode you can connect two red cables, two blacks, or one red and one black, but they do not denote polarity. In theory it should make no difference how a Triphase setup is wired but some report that it does. The purists also suggest the Common electrode must be in the "middle". Personally I've not found this but it may explain your channel 'cancelling' experience if each waveform intermittently peaks randomly together.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

With a triphase setup, I sometimes have the common on an anal insertable, with the other electrodes on the base and tip of my shaft which puts more stimulation through the prostate area than my cock. Some guys like to do the complete opposite. It really is a matter of playing with electrode positions and channel outputs. I also find that what feels great one day might be a disappointment the next. It's not an exact science (for me, at least).
Majorityon
Active

Post by Majorityon »

Stimaddict wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 am Stim boxes use a kind of alternating current waveform so there is no positive or negative. For the "Common" electrode you can connect two red cables, two blacks, or one red and one black, but they do not denote polarity. In theory it should make no difference how a Triphase setup is wired but some report that it does. The purists also suggest the Common electrode must be in the "middle". Personally I've not found this but it may explain your channel 'cancelling' experience if each waveform intermittently peaks randomly together.
Correct, no positive or negative but there is a phase difference. If you in effect wire the channels in series but with one's phase inverted relative to the other then if both channels carry the same waveform and voltage the voltages cancel. That's what I was finding.
Majorityon
Active

Post by Majorityon »

So I just had another session this morning, CR band on head with black of each channel; yellow of one ch on CR on cock base, other channel on perineum pad. Now the effect has gone, as I expected. Used thrust and throb, came with thrust at about 20% each channel. The 2B gives quite different sensations from what I've had before, very powerful and subtle, I was getting quasi-orgasmic feelings for minutes before actually reaching PONR.
estim1
Active

Post by estim1 »

You will love the 2b also so good with estim connect for control
312owner
Active

Post by 312owner »

I quit and decided to remove this post.
Last edited by 312owner on Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Too right! During a long stim session I need the maximum power I can get and only the 2B with mains adapter can get me there :D

Plug in a small, rechargeable 12v SLA battery and you can get the same power anywhere on the move.