Electrodes - quality and differences

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
toughsub

Electrodes - quality and differences

Post by toughsub » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 am

Hi folks, i was just wondering...

is there a difference in quality (= conductivity) when it comes to electrodes, i.e. can "high quality electrodes", especially conductive rubber loops, conductive rubber pads or the straps give a different feeling or produce more intense sensations than the cheap aliexpress/china ones? I wonder if it is worth to pay 10x the price for a name brand? any experiences to share here?

Best,

Mic

admin
Site Admin

Re: Electrodes - quality and differences

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:32 am

Generally yes.

Conductive rubber is a silicon polymer with large quantities of carbon impregnated in the rubber. The higher the quantity of carbon, the more conductive the product therefore the more effective. Carbon is expensive so it is one way to cut price. In addition we offer material that is made specifically for us by a major electronics manufacturer with a known quality and specification, purchasing from a non-name importer means you are purchasing an unknown product with unknown quantities, both in terms of quality and safety. - not all silicon compounds are safe to use on the skin for instance.

But on the subject of price personally I would question how just adding a small metal anodised collar to a loop doubles the price....'its prestige' but that is the difference between selling an item that is designed to work, and selling an item that just looks pretty.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:35 am

I have a drawer full of various electrodes that I rarely, if ever, actually use. That's simply because you have to try something first to determine whether or not that design matches your personal likes and needs. Most of those unused trodes are Chinese cheapies because I don't want to pay top dollar for something I might only use once, when I could try out the cheaper equivalent before deciding whether or not to invest in a better quality version.

A guy I know paid a fortune for a 'Possessor Electro Scrotum Sack' and couldn't get the damned thing on. That's an expensive way to discover you are anatomically unsuited to a particular product when you can buy pretty much the same thing from China without the fancy box at a quarter of the price.

Chinese manufactured goods have taken a leap forward in quality over the last few years although many are absolute rubbish. Very occasionally I've been pleasantly surprised by a trode originally purchased as a stop-gap cheap trial, but so good I can't see the point in spending more.

So Chinese cheapies have their place but generally should be replaced with the best quality items when you can afford them. However don't buy any cheap trodes that use plated metal.

When it comes to TENS pads I always buy the Chinese 4x4cm square ones on eBay that come in packs of 20. These work fine for me and cost just pennies each, so they can be considered single use and thrown out after each session.

estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:58 am

I've had a mix of good and bad with both expensive and cheap, its hit or miss as far as I can tell.

joannesReviews
Active

Post by joannesReviews » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Stick with well-known brands. You do indeed get what you pay for with e-stim just like in any other aspect of life. I mainly stick with electrodes from here even though I have lots from other manufacturers as I know I can trust the quality of kit from here and of course, the lifetime guarantee is great too. I steer clear of cheap Chinese kit.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it. I'm quite normal I think LOL.

Healer
Active

Post by Healer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 am

I thought this topic interesting because I started using unleaded solder as a first electrode source almost 8 years ago. I simply made a forming jig out of a pine plug with a 1 1/2" hole saw, and wound the solder about three turns, then made a simple circular eye for my alligator clip to attach too. I made two more and created my first set of electrodes this way. This technique formed the basis for my more advanced forming jig system, however there is still the target of the glans and the frenulum which govern my designs. :lol:

Recently I made an electrode that I found on smart stim that is a urethral insert. I made it out of 12 gauge aluminum wire and here I took the precaution of sterilization. It was only a 3/4 " inch insertion but it gave me a terrific new feeling and the benefit, of course, was it didn't cost me one bit.

I have never stopped using metal, and only used a pad once. The Chinese market their junk to make you believe that this is the be-all electrode. Nonsense...don't fall for it. Make your own and you will be glad you did.

I prefer to use malleable aluminum wire and metal sheets to make my own custom electrodes that I have learned to make that hit my sweet-spots. I prefer aluminum as it does not tarnish as quickly as copper. Likewise, I can clean the aluminum electrodes with alcohol versus having to use fine sandpaper and copper cleaner on the copper electrodes.
Regards and Best wishes to all
Healer sends