3D Printed Conductive Rubber Cockring Insulator - Question

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
joannesReviews
Active Developer

3D Printed Conductive Rubber Cockring Insulator - Question

Post by joannesReviews » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 pm

I am working on a CAD design for a 3D printable CR Cock Loop insulator which will be useful for penis owners wishing to stimulate both the Dorsal and Perineal nerves.

Now I know a lot of stimmers use things like insulating tape to part insulate cock loops and my question for the masses is how much of the CR loop do you insulate to get the best results? I know what my Stunt Cock likes to do but I'd appreciate a general consensus from guys who insulate the lower cock loop to force the current to go through the Perineal nerves.

This image shows 160 degrees of insulation.
cock-ring-guide.jpg
So, how much of your lower cock loop do you insulate?

Answers on a postcard to....., or an answer here would probably be better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?

bs7xx
Active

Re: 3D Printed Conductive Rubber Cockring Insulator - Question

Post by bs7xx » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:33 pm

That looks awesome!

I've been using some electrician's insulating sleeving to do a similar job, but it's not super-flexible.

So far I guess I've gone for approximately 180 degrees.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am

Base of cock CR loops, exactly 50% Jo (or 180 degrees), although that's not crucial. Your pic looks about right.
Incidentally for a ball-to-pubic mound CR loop I insulate the top two-thirds because it seems more important down there.

BTW that's a really nice project. Clever gal ain't ya? :D

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:52 am

bs7xx wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:33 pm
That looks awesome!

I've been using some electrician's insulating sleeving to do a similar job, but it's not super-flexible.

So far I guess I've gone for approximately 180 degrees.
Thanks for the feedback.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:56 am

Stimaddict wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:13 am
Base of cock CR loops, exactly 50% Jo (or 180 degrees), although that's not crucial. Your pic looks about right.
Incidentally for a ball-to-pubic mound CR loop I insulate the top two-thirds because it seems more important down there.

BTW that's a really nice project. Clever gal ain't ya? :D
I have my uses LOL, I wouldn't say clever, more like stubborn and I keep at things until I can make them work.

Thanks for the input. It looks like 180 degrees is the magic number. For pubic mound to balls use, you could use heat shrink tubing to tweak the insulated length to various body shapes and sizes. Just applying heat to the top end to secure it to the 3D printed insulator while still allowing the CR to move freely inside it for adjustment. Mmmm I think I need to look at the design some more in that case.

estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Great idea 8-)

A novice 3D question: Is is possible to print some kind of elastic material with 3D?

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:30 pm

There are flexible and even rubber-like materials that can be printed to varying levels of success but the surface finish isn't too good with home 3D printers. You can even get conductive rubber that can be printed but the resistance is far too high for anything e-stim related at the present time. If materials come out with better conductivity then 3D printed conductive electrodes could be a real possibility.

estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm

OMG .....

I've actually been working on some designs this weekend with my 3d printer for cock loops. Except its very minimumal in desgin....

I've done some prototypes with PLA and I just printed about 30 minutes ago a TPU prototype which is flexible.

I was thinking about trying to sell the printed to parts to estim users, but I don't know where I could sell them and if there was a market for that type of thing. But at the same time I love our open source community where we share designs.

So I'm testing TPU durability right now. The thing is the TPU printed out with some holes in it and quality is way less. But it would be so much softer on your parts than a PLA part.

estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Here's my design. As you can tell its very small, I was using super glue to hold loops in a cage shape before i decided to make this, where its one full circle with a half circle on top, placed on top of the head of the penis.
Capture.JPG
I've done PLA and TPU, its tight enough that it holds it tight but its adjustable. Very effective design, its monopolar. I don't have a "assembled" photo to share, it looks like a cage.
The inner holes on both pieces are first circle, there's a second hole on the back piece on the side we can't see, that the loop goes into and then it goes vertical to connect to the front piece via the top hole out the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm

I may have to experiment with some flexible materials, but as you say the finish isn't as good as with PLA. I have remodelled my design in the light of feedback to add some elastic loops so that it can be prevented from walking when worn. So far the feedback from people printing out the design is good.

I am now onto version 2 of the design with is now completely parametric, so just by changing some parameters it will redraw it for any size of penis, CR diameter and amount of insulation required.

I think I know the design of electrode you are talking about, it is so much fun designing things that can actually help others out. So here is my version 2 design, shown without too much CR coming out of the top and no clamping mechanism so that just the design is visible.
ring2new.jpg