Rubber loops not conducting

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
Ross

Rubber loops not conducting

Post by Ross » Fri May 10, 2019 9:17 am

User error . Ive connected both poles to the same loop which worked fine however the rubber is now not conducting. The cables are fine and the current is running through them. I assume the rubber has lost its connectivity? Is this usual?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Rubber loops not conducting

Post by admin » Fri May 10, 2019 11:21 am

Connecting both poles to the same loop will result in a short circuit and will generally result in no sensation. The correct way is one connection to one loop, the other connection to the other loop, the current them passes between the loops.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

Ross

Post by Ross » Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Ok. Would I have damaged the control box with the short circuit?

Ross

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:05 pm

Ross, I'm not entirely sure what you're saying.

Are you saying that you connected both leads from a the same channel (e.g. channel A red and black) to a single loop on an occasion in the past, and now the loop doesn't work with only one lead attached? This sounds strange to me, unless of course you don't have the other lead attached to another electrode somewhere.

Or are you saying that you still have both leads from the same channel attached to a single loop? If this is the case, then you wouldn't expect any sensation. The current will flow along the loop much more easily than flowing through your body, so the electricity will effectively bypass you, resulting in no sensation.

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Ross wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm
Ok. Would I have damaged the control box with the short circuit?

Ross
Generally not with an E-Stim Systems Unit, other boxes may have issues, but its not something we would recommend.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sat May 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Let's start with the basics...

Most "made-for-play" stim boxes have two channels - usually designated 'A' and 'B'. Normally on each single channel you would connect TWO electrodes, e.g. two TENS pads.

Apply these electrodes spaced apart to your skin and your own body completes the electrical circuit. As current passes through your body between two electrodes it will take the most direct route, stimulating any nerves it encounters along the way.

So normally with a 2-channel stim box you would connect four electrodes (i.e. four wires), TWO per channel, making two separate circuits through your body. You can connect ANY electrode to these wires, such as a TENS pad, a Conductive Rubber loop, a metal cock ring or a butt plug.

NEVER connect TWO wires FROM THE SAME CHANNEL to the SAME electrode. This is an absolute no-no.

*BUT* the exception is a Bi-Polar electrode. This is essentially two electrodes in one. Take butt plugs for example. A monopolar butt plug always takes one wire, and needs another electrode to make up the circuit. OTOH a bipolar butt plug takes two wires, because it is TWO electrodes in a single unit separated by a piece of insulation.