Conductive rubber cock loops

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
coastcop
Active

Conductive rubber cock loops

Post by coastcop » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Guys, I need your help.
I use the 2mm/Tens conductive rubber loops for a HFO experience, with one loop under the cock head and the other at the base of cock shaft positioned above my balls. I have noticed recently that every time I use them I am starting to get irritation to the skin on the lower shaft loop around where the spring loaded collar is pressing against my skin it is as if I am getting burnt, although there is no discomfort when using them.
Can I ask do the rubber cock loops wear out? do I need to replace them? am I pulling the loop too tight around the skin, is that the problem? However it is never as tight as the one around my cock head and I never suffer any irritation there.
Is there a good alternative to the rubber loops? they do appear a bit costly at £29.00 on the e-stim site.
Thank you

BigDaddyP
Active

Re: Conductive rubber cock loops

Post by BigDaddyP » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:14 am

It sounds like it's getting dry... Does adding more lube or conductive gel help?
As an aside - I bought all my conductive loops off eBay, they're way cheaper...

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:25 am

Irritation usually occurs where there is insufficient electrical contact between the trode and the skin. With CR loops, and *all* external electrodes, you need to use a proper conductive gel. This also makes for a smoother, less 'stingy' stimming experience. The only exception is TENS pads that already have a layer of conductive gel so must not be lubed.

https://store.e-stim.co.uk/index.php?ma ... les99qsef0

Keep CR loops good n' tight as this also increases conductivity. During a longer stim session you maybe should stop to add extra conductive gel and re-tighten them. In this case turn off your stim box - never touch a 'live' electrode with bare hands. Some trodes, especially TENS pads, are best held firmly in place using tape or straps.

joannesReviews
Active Developer

Post by joannesReviews » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:28 am

Absolutely, you should use lots of good quality electrogel with loops.

Now I may be wrong but when you say 2mm loops I take it that you are referring to the plug size and not the outside diameter (as that would be tiny). You may want to consider running a length of wire through the inside of the loop as if the rubber is starting to degrade (all CR does over time and especially if stretched tightly) you will get more current going into your skin near the locking mechanism. Adding wire inside the loop helps the current to travel through the whole length of the loop and gives a smoother ride.
Just a woman in her 40's who likes sticking things in her pussy and telling the world all about it on my site. I'm quite normal I think LOL. :?

merry
Active

Post by merry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:42 am

Hi,
Ive had this issue with loops many times even with plenty of Spectra Gel 360 conductive gel applied.

For me the problem occurs mostly around the glans where the plastic clip doesn't close the loop fully. I found that with the loop clip oriented at the sides I get irritation and hotspots at the sides of the glans, with the clip at the top I get irritation and hotspots on top of the glans and with the clip at the bottom I get irritation on the bottom of the glans however using fully 'closed' rings I don't have any irritation at all.

I think it happens with loops because the plastic clips aren't conductive leaving an 'open' area across the clip so the loop isn't quite fully closed or in 'full' contact with the skin possibly leading to a kind of 'arcing' as the current tries to make it's way across the gap producing irritating hot spots.

This issue also occurs with some generic spring loaded conductive rubber 'coils' I have because they don't fully close around the skin either.
When they're in place one of the 'ends' is usually slightly raised away from the skin leading to the same irritation/hotspots.

I've seen conductive rubber loops without clips using just a small rubber ring to close them but I suspect the rubber ring isn't conductive however the gap might be smaller using this method to close the loops perhaps lessening the discomfort/hotspot?. One possible solution for the conductive rubber coils would be to bend the ends downward/inward a little leaving no gaps where the ends lift away from the skin? or push on a short piece of thicker conducive rubber tubing at the ends to make a fuller contact with the skin?.

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:30 am

Picking up on your thoughts about the spring closures / small rubber band for CR loops... When I first purchased CR loops from E-Stim Systems they had the small rubber band to hold the ends together, and I did feel that was a better arrangement. The last set I purchased have the spring closures on them, and I'm constantly getting pinched by them when I put them on. As you've pointed out, you also end up with a larger gap where there's no CR in contact with the skin, which is less satisfactory. I might actually do away with the spring closure and find some suitable rubber bands instead and see if that works better.

MickEstim
Staff

Post by MickEstim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 pm

mrbutt89 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:30 am
Picking up on your thoughts about the spring closures / small rubber band for CR loops... When I first purchased CR loops from E-Stim Systems they had the small rubber band to hold the ends together, and I did feel that was a better arrangement. The last set I purchased have the spring closures on them, and I'm constantly getting pinched by them when I put them on. As you've pointed out, you also end up with a larger gap where there's no CR in contact with the skin, which is less satisfactory. I might actually do away with the spring closure and find some suitable rubber bands instead and see if that works better.
mrbutt89 the design was cahnged a number of years ago as a result of complaints from our customers over either breaking the small tube that held the loop or finding them too difficult to tighten or loosen, so we went with the clip, which is quite a common design used by other companies.

Personally I have never experienced the issue described here over the many years I have been using loops, but everybody's skin is different and some more sensitive than others. It will never be possible to provide a loop that is a complete ring, as otherwise it would be a ring and not a loop and so would not be as adjustable as the loop is. I guess the issue is partly dependant on the level of output you are using adn the length of the play session as mentioned by Stimaddict always make sure there is sufficient conductive gel on the skin and loop and make sure the loop is tight, you might want to try creating a glob of gel on the clip so as to bridge the gap between the two parts of the loop and see if that helps.
Mick
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi Mick.

Just proves you can't please all the people all the time! I have a CR ring from another manufacturer where the two ends join onto a metal fitting where there's a snap connector for the power supply. That works well in terms of continuous contact, but then, of course, there's absolutly no way of adjusting the circumference. Swings and roundabouts...

coastcop
Active

Post by coastcop » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Thank you all for your comments on this matter really appreciated, I will try some of your suggestions. However I have to say the pleasure this provides
is worth the discomfort.

MickEstim
Staff

Post by MickEstim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 am

mrbutt89 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi Mick.

Just proves you can't please all the people all the time! I have a CR ring from another manufacturer where the two ends join onto a metal fitting where there's a snap connector for the power supply. That works well in terms of continuous contact, but then, of course, there's absolutly no way of adjusting the circumference. Swings and roundabouts...
Exactly, we do our best. The issue with rings, and why we do not do them, is getting the correct size. If it is too big you do not get a good contact all of the time, which can lead to unexpected shocks, and if it is just the right size when you are soft, if you are a grower, when you get hard it is now too tight nad you need the fire brigade to come and get you out of it. As you say swings and roundabouts.
Mick
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems