ADVICE PLEASE: TENS or ESTIM?

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
rjkstim
Active

ADVICE PLEASE: TENS or ESTIM?

Post by rjkstim »

Totally new to this whole thing but would like to dip my feet in the water and have spoken to folks who sell both TENS units for purposes of estim, as well as pure estim units. Had a great conversation with the folks here at E-Stim about this subject and was wondering if any of you good folks had any suggestions.

Money is very much an issue for me plus I don't want to dump hundreds of dollars into something I have never tried. In addition to the Helix for sale here, I am also considering a relatively inexpensive TENS unit that comes with the conductive loops. I also like that it has an a/c adapter and battery so I can plug it in when possible so I don't run through the batteries. I'm totally unfamiliar with the controls of these TENS units and was wondering if you guys might take a look and give me your personal opinion on whether you think this would be something that would give me the hands free orgasm that everyone is after. My feeling is that I could always upgrade to something with more features.

What do you think? Here's the unit i'm comparing agains the Helix http://www.happystim-usa.com/catalog/i441.html

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: ADVICE PLEASE: TENS or ESTIM?

Post by Stimaddict »

A decent TENS unit is a good place to start in stimming but it can only show you the *potential* of estim so ultimately you should be aiming for a proper, made-for-play sexual stim box like the 2B. I understand that you want to dip a toe in the water before splashing the cash because I was just the same. However I wasted more munz on unsatisfactory units than I eventually invested in my 2B which is the best money I have ever spent, one of the few purchases in my life that actually exceeded my expectations.

From Happystim USA the unit you should go for is the Ultima 5 kit because it offers biphasic waveforms, suitable for erotic stimming, and more power at $48.95 including a pair of CR loops: http://www.happystim-usa.com/catalog/i347.html

For UK/Europe novices you can get the same unit even cheaper off eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232477606342
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

Thank you for your advice. I didn't get a notification anyone had responded to this an am just revisiting the site after sone time.

I think I'm interested in a 2b but I want to see if I can find a used one for less.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

A word of caution about a used 2B: you will not be covered by the lifetime guarantee, although E-Stim Systems can provide repairs for a small fee:

"I don't know the background of your purchase, but its clear that purchasing secondhand units and accessories are not always a saving. Incidentally we will repair secondhand units for a small fee, but secondhand units are not covered by our lifetime guarantee."

(See this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8764&p=11446&hilit ... and#p11446.)
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

Thank you. I will take this into consideration. Unfortunately given finances, I may just have to hope for the best.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I understand that. I just didn't want you going into buying a used unit without being aware of the possible drawback. Hopefully, if you did have to seek a repair at some time in the future, the cost of that repair would still mean you were "in profit" overall.
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

That's what I'm hoping. Thanks for your advice and opinion.
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

Decided to spring for a new 2b.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Good decision. You won't regret it.
rjkstim
Active

Post by rjkstim »

I actually did purchase a tens 7000 as my first unit to "dip my toe in the water". (it wasn't really my toe :lol:). The unit did get me to HFO but it really lacked many different modes and variety.

Having now used an inexpensive tens unit, I think it made buying a 2b an easier decision since I did like the feeling. I'm hooked now.

My only regret was not getting next day express shipping. Waiting 1-3 days for US Priority mail is torture in itself. It's probably arriving tomorrow, but definitely by Tuesday. My God.... Listen to me.