Complete noob overwhelmed and needing some quick pointers

General Chit Chat about E-Stim. Not just E-Stim Systems, but ErosTek, PES and others.
blondie88

Complete noob overwhelmed and needing some quick pointers

Post by blondie88 »

I have just recently stumbled into the world of E-Stim and I'm a little overwhelmed by everything. I've read a lot of posts and blogs but I'm finding most of the info is way too advanced for what I'm needing to get started.

I'm in the process of building a stim rig from a guide I found online, but one basic but very important thing is missing from the guide - the actual electrodes..

Can someone point me in the direction of a little info here please? Where do I buy them? How many do I need? What are these rubber loops that I keep hearing people mention? Should I use the sticky pads instead?

A little help would be most appreciated thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Complete noob overwhelmed and needing some quick pointers

Post by admin »

I'm a little bit concerned you are building a 'rig' - Do you mean you are building a powerbox? or just building a collection of devices to play with, You do realise that home made units can cause serious damage to yourself, or others if not built or used correctly.? Why not consider something simple like our E-Stim Helix or even a TENS unit and then get to know how it all works before you hurt yourself?

Electrodes need two points of contact to operate. Where you place those contact will govern where you feel a sensation. The general advice is place them below the waist to avoid passing current across the chest.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
blondie88

Post by blondie88 »

Hi, thanks for your reply and concern.

I found a guide to building a simple stim unit recommended on a different forum. It consists of an amp and a couple of transformers and resistors, with electrodes connected to the output. Other noobs reported much success with it, so it seemed fairly safe.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

** Start with Tintin119's excellent estim primer at this URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/estim/wiki/index#

** Some good tips for beginners here: http://www.e-stim.tips/topics.php

** For ideas of where to place electrodes check out Joanne's website: https://www.sexmachinereviews.co.uk/adv ... tions.html
blondie88

Post by blondie88 »

admin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:30 pm I'm a little bit concerned you are building a 'rig' - Do you mean you are building a powerbox? or just building a collection of devices to play with, You do realise that home made units can cause serious damage to yourself, or others if not built or used correctly.? Why not consider something simple like our E-Stim Helix or even a TENS unit and then get to know how it all works before you hurt yourself?

Electrodes need two points of contact to operate. Where you place those contact will govern where you feel a sensation. The general advice is place them below the waist to avoid passing current across the chest.

Si
Hey thanks for the reply and thanks for your concern.
There is a guide over on SmartStim that someone pointed me towards and it details building your own Esteem box with an amplifier, 2 transformers and 2 resistors. It's pretty basic and easy to follow and I was spurred on by the success stories of others who had followed the guide and built their own devices. What I couldn't find was details of which electrodes to buy and how to place them, but thanks to the other person commenting here I think I have that pretty much figured now.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

blondie88 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:34 pm Hi, thanks for your reply and concern.

I found a guide to building a simple stim unit recommended on a different forum. It consists of an amp and a couple of transformers and resistors, with electrodes connected to the output. Other noobs reported much success with it, so it seemed fairly safe.
Safety based on the experience of others is not a good way to play.

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd