Audio files designed with 2B in mind

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
stim78

Re: Audio files designed with 2B in mind

Post by stim78 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:39 am

Thank you admin,

Thus, with the exception of internal routines, the 2B transforms a pure (sinusoidal) signal to send it to the electrodes in the form of a biphasic AC signal in a frequency range of ± 50 to ± 5 kHz. Is it correct ?
At the same time, I understand that the ET-312 is doing the same thing "but not in the same way" with a maximum of ± 330 Hz ...
Do you think this difference in frequency range between the two devices is purely a technical choice or is it due to a difference in legislation between the two countries?
Thank you for your advice and excuse my technical curiosity ...
stim78

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:06 am

stim78 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:39 am
Thank you admin,

Thus, with the exception of internal routines, the 2B transforms a pure (sinusoidal) signal to send it to the electrodes in the form of a biphasic AC signal in a frequency range of ± 50 to ± 5 kHz. Is it correct ?
Nope, it more complex than that and its not something we actually publish as we never designed the 2B to work with pure tones.
At the same time, I understand that the ET-312 is doing the same thing "but not in the same way" with a maximum of ± 330 Hz ...
Do you think this difference in frequency range between the two devices is purely a technical choice or is it due to a difference in legislation between the two countries?
Thank you for your advice and excuse my technical curiosity ...
stim78
There is no legislation covering frequencies used, just research into effective frequencies and information regarding basic product safety and energy transfer. (There is legislation for TENS units which we do use although our boxes are not classed as TENS units, but that more a safety area rather than an effectiveness issue.)

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

kokosblau

Post by kokosblau » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:23 am

admin wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:54 pm
No the 2B does process the import signal to drive the output system. For the same reasons as the ET312 (safety, control of feel etc), but not in the same way.
Si
Is it possible that you explain the process how the input signal influence the internally generated signal. It looks strange on my oscilloscope, like some PWM signal.

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:10 am

admin wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:06 am
Nope, it more complex than that and its not something we actually publish as we never designed the 2B to work with pure tones.
Si
I gather the 2B was designed to work with music as the audio input to the Stereo routine. Has there ever been any move to design a new Stereo routine that will be more specifically designed to handle pure tones, or is that not technically feasible for some reason?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Not with the current incantation of the 2B hardware. However there are plans afoot.....

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd

mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:26 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:36 pm
Not with the current incantation of the 2B hardware. However there are plans afoot.....

Si
This sounds interesting. It would help unleash more of the potential of all those audio files out there in the public domain. I'll just have to be patient and keep an eye open...

ltxtk
Active

Post by ltxtk » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:15 am

If anyone needs a playground for making their own sound files, these are great ressources

https://learningsynths.ableton.com/

http://sampulator.com/

Willem01

Post by Willem01 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Stimaddict wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm
Anyone here is welcome to PM me for a download link to hundreds of free, shared mp3 stimfiles.
I cannot post it here out of respect for the Admin and the complicated copyright issues it could involve them in.
Yes please send me the estim files
Greetz
:D :D

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Hi Willem and welcome to the group. I have sent you a PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else should PM me for the link. Please do not post link requests on this forum.
The Admin here are very tolerant but let's not push it.

comeagain

Post by comeagain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:24 pm

quick question on audio files - for increasing power output, is there an alternative to turning the dials on the 2B ?

i know the volume on output device should be about 65%, so can't increase that.
tried playing with levels in a file, but that didn't seem to work
Can't use the Digital Link Protocol (I think) as the socket is used already for the audio input

any ideas? I can't be the only one not wanting to twiddle knobs when using audio files :lol: