Will the 2B ever improve its stereo capabilities?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Will the 2B ever improve its stereo capabilities?

Post by admin »

If you want to kill the outputs quickly, hit the select button. Instant off.

Si

E-Stim Systems Ltd
EnglishSicilian

Post by EnglishSicilian »

This is really disappointing to read, I've literally JUST purchased the 2B, waiting delivery and one of the main reasons was to use it on sound files, like the ones you find on milovana. Been waiting a long long time to purchase a decent device. :(
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Might I suggest you try the 2B first? Many many people love the stereo options of the 2B.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'm with Si on this one. Give it a try first, and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Audio files don't feel the same through the 2B as they do through the ET-312B, in my experience. You'll find some that just don't work, but there are no end of files that work brilliantly, making Stereo my go-to mode. And I should add that my HFO rate on the 2B is near 100%, whereas on the ET-312B it's much more hit-and-miss. (Usually the latter.) Even though a lot of audio files were presumably designed with the ET-312 in mind.
beem2713
Active

Post by beem2713 »

EnglishSicilian wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 pm This is really disappointing to read, I've literally JUST purchased the 2B, waiting delivery and one of the main reasons was to use it on sound files, like the ones you find on milovana. Been waiting a long long time to purchase a decent device. :(
Do give it a try, depending on what you like it may be the box of choice for you. I found that a lot of the detail was lost with 2B and reverted back to may home design home made unit. The 2B is amazing for it's size and the built in routines are great.
EnglishSicilian

Post by EnglishSicilian »

Thanks for your replies,

I have since received my 2b, and indeed the presets are quite favourable ahha.
I have found however, it seems to give quite a sharp skin feel ( realise its a different ball game but the TENS unit I used to use was much deeper feeling.) , is this just down to cheap electrodes & not finding the right 'pulse feels' ?
Saturn2001
Active

Post by Saturn2001 »

The 2B is certainly good enough. What is more important are the numerous other factors such as electrode placement variation/contact surface, proper hydration, libido/personal factors, and audio files.

I am probably going to build my own audio device at some point; simply because it would be fun to try, and I do agree the 2B seems to miss some of the “range” and is slow to react to pulsing audio. The nice thing about the 2B is that if I miss my “window”, I can always crank up the power and use one of the programmed routines to get me over the edge. This thing has amazing power.

Its really too bad that smartstim is no longer around, as there was so much good information and knowledge in regards to e-stim as a whole. I am glad I retained much of the information there that I’ve read there over the years.
Satori
Active

Post by Satori »

Can someone clarify or confirm the effect of the Adjustment (center knob) setting? The official manual says, "The adjust control allows you to change the speed of the response of the stereo system, indicated by the third value. A low value gives a quick sharp response, a higher values gives a smoother response."

To me the manual's description would seem to indicate that lower values would offer faster and more challenging/aggressive/dynamic output than higher values. Right? Reading Stimaddict's recommendations though, gives me the sense that higher values are more challenging/aggressive/dynamic than lower values. Which is correct?

FWIW, I've very much enjoyed the Stereo Mode! It is definitely my "go to" mode!
hurtmeplease
Active

Post by hurtmeplease »

jl6564 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:16 pm JFYI:
From oscilloscope checking:
the "Adjust" turn low => generate/pass low frequency pulse
the "Adjust" turn high => generate/pass high frequency pulse
Could anyone from e-stim explain what the stereo adjust does on the stock (2.106) firmware in more detail?

The manual says that lower numbers give a quick, sharp response, and higher numbers a smoother response.

That seems like the exact opposite of "low-> lpf", "high -> hpf".
estim_si
Staff

Post by estim_si »

Define improve. :-)

The 2B is very good at processing music into sensation. It is what it was designed for. The Betas offer more processing modes for audio and there are a couple of ideas we have that have not yet migrated into even the public betas. But if you are assuming that we are going to go full stereo stimming, then the answer is no, it’s not what we designed it for.

Running from audio tones is a bit like trying to listen to classical music by looking at the oscilloscope trace … very one dimensional and boring.

The premise of the 2B right from the start was to stimulate from music we could hear and enjoy both from an aural perspective as well as a sensory estim perspective. If you want frequency and level control etc then that is the realm of commander and session files.

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk