Electron and remote driving

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
dubguy1963
Active

Electron and remote driving

Post by dubguy1963 »

I have successfully used E Stim Connect with drivers - and it us excellent!

I have a man who wants to try driving me but does not have E Stim Connect - he is going to use Electron

So - I have connected my E Stim 2B to Stereo, tried Commander both switched On and Off, connected E Stim 2B to my Mac laptop via the audio cable and loaded the Electron link onto Firefox

So - on the laptop - you can see the wave pattern on Electron when loaded onto Firefox
- on the 2B on the Stereo function you can see "bars" performing on the LED screen, presumably reflecting the wave pattern the. machine is receiving with the audio cable

BUT - I feel no sensation!

What am I missing?

dubguy1963
Active

Re: Electron and remote driving

Post by dubguy1963 »

Bumping this up - apologies
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

dubguy1963 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am on the 2B on the Stereo function you can see "bars" performing on the LED screen [...] BUT - I feel no sensation!
That's strange coz if you can see the audio bars moving then everything should be working. Do you feel sensation when you use an MP3 stimfile?
dubguy1963
Active

Post by dubguy1963 »

OK this may seem elementary but:

With E Stim Connect the driver has 'complete' control - say if they are using Waterfall or Bounce they adjust everything level etc

With Electron - I assumed it was similar - once I had chosen Stereo function on the 2B it would happen 'automatically' and hence the channels A and B were set to - zero!

So - suggestion of trying an MP3 file - selected Stereo function, ran MP3 file on iTunes and - if you alter the channel settings from zero - to say even 4%! - you get an effect - an electro effect!

Which seems to indicate when using Electron I shouldn't have A and B set to zero if I am to feel anything

But then the next question - I therefore have to choose a level for A and B? Not the driver? Hence the driver doesn't fully control the box?

And a surprise - playing the MP3 - there was quite a kick even at channel A being set at 4 or 5%.....

It all seems to get more complicated!

E Stim Connect is fantastically simple to use, at least from the riding end!
estimbird
Active Developer

Post by estimbird »

In stereo mode you only feed an audio stream into the 2B. There is no control like setting the level of channel A or B. A rather small possibility would still be the volume, but this is insignificant compared to setting the level of the channels.

With Connect you have direct control of the 2B settings, levels, etc.
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

E-Stim connect is extremely easy to use from the Drivers end too, as all they need is a web browser and the link that E-Stim Connect produces when you connect, just click on the session code and it copies it to your clipboard and you can send it to the driver and all they do is paste the entire link into a browser window and click connect, could not be easier. Not sure why your driver would want to use anything different, especially since E-Stim Connect is designed for the 2B and Electron isn't.

Why not get them to give it a go, they might like it.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
dubguy1963
Active

Post by dubguy1963 »

I couldn't agree more - the E Stim Connect seems to be a reliable piece of software and very very user friendly

(A few years ago I spent fruitless hours trying to get the SmartStim remote stuff to work with my Mac and ET312B 0 to no avail!)

I guess if they don't use a 2B themselves they may not 'know' rah details - e.g. that Waterfall can start to pull your dick off at 30% power levels! (M ay be I need some endurance training!)

Another stupid question then - some drivers love MP3 files - can you have a Stereo input into the Driver's E Stim Connect that is then passed on to the Rider?

Getting gteat use out of my 2B

John
Dublin
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

If you are using Connect then you can not use an audio input into the 2B as the Digital Link and the Audio share the same connection, it is unfortunately an either or situation.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Another thought...
I've used mp3 files which work well on an Erostek ET-312B, but do nothing on the 2B. Again, the bars are seen to be moving, but nothing is felt. I've always assumed it's because the mp3 file uses frequencies within the range that the 312B handles, but outside the range processed by the 2B.
Could that be what's happening with the Electron source?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

dubguy1963 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:34 pm Which seems to indicate when using Electron I shouldn't have A and B set to zero if I am to feel anything
But then the next question - I therefore have to choose a level for A and B? Not the driver? Hence the driver doesn't fully control the box?
Electron is intended to work with any stimbox capable of stereo audio input (2B, ET312, BTstim, StereoStim, etc). Therefore it cannot fully control your 2B.

Essentially Electron is a tone generator that can be 'driven' via a web connection. It can control the volume but only by amplitude input. What you need to do is set the 2B's volume to a medium, comfortable level at the beginning of your session. You can ask your driver to send a test signal to start with then go on from there. He/she can then raise or lower the perceived volume without you touching the controls.