Stereo on PC not receiving sound

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Eeco007

Stereo on PC not receiving sound

Post by Eeco007 »

Hi, I have used the Stereo function on my 2b quite often, mostly with my tablet, but recently i have moved to my pc. A few weeks ago i hooked up to the PC and was driven through electron. Everything worked fine. Plugged in, and it worked, just like on my tablet. Now though, i cant seem to get the 2b to recognize ANY sound from my PC, through electron, or just stim files. I have gone through what i know to be, the sound settings for the PC but to no avail. Is there something im missing, or if anyone has experienced something similar, Help!

Btw, stereo still works from my tablet, so i dont think it is the 2b that is the problem.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Stereo on PC not receiving sound

Post by Stimaddict »

Eeco007 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 am Btw, stereo still works from my tablet, so i dont think it is the 2b that is the problem.
Yes, I'd agree with you there. It seems to be a problem with your PC's sound card or the way it is set up so maybe you should start by reinstalling the sound card's drivers. Use a pair of headphones so you can hear what's coming out.
Ohms
Active

Post by Ohms »

Are you using the right output on your PC? I have 10 different places I can plug mine in, so it took a bit of trial and error to find the right place (because of course they aren't labeled and don't match the photos online), then to find the right volume slider to control it and make sure it wasn't muted. Then you have to make sure the cord is in good and snug.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I agree with Stimaddict. Reinstalling the sound card drivers is where I'd start. I've had situations in the past where a system update has reconfigured the sound outputs.

Incidentally, are you using the sound output from the motherboard, or do you have a separate sound card installed? If so, there may be a problem with how your outputs are set up.

If you're on Windows, go to the "Sound Control Panel" (on Windows 10, I can do that by right-clicking the loudspeaker icon on the taskbar and selecting "Sounds", then clicking on the "Playback" tab when the Sound window opens. You can get to the same thing via Settings > Sound > Sound Control Panel.) If you start playing your audio source on the PC, you should see a response from the active output device, and available devices should have a tick in a green circle. You can make an output device the default device by right-clicking on its icon and selecting that option. Devices which are registering on your system as disconnected will display the message "Not plugged in". If you don't see a device which you thnk should be displayed, then right-click on another device and make sure there's a tick next to "Show Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices". That might help with your trouble-shooting.

Incidentally, I use sound output from both my motherboard and an additional SoundBlaster card. I've set the motherboard as the default device, playing back through speakers, and set up SmartStim as the only application that uses the SoundBlaster. That means all notifications, alerts, video sound etc. go to my speakers, and I get no unwanted audio signals being sent to my 2B via the SoundBlaster.