12V without a power supply, voltage range?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: 12V without a power supply, voltage range?

Post by Stimaddict »

Problem is that *all* stim boxes have a finite limit of the power they can put out. When you reach the 2B's power limit don't turn your box up any higher. At that "maxed-out" point reducing the power on one channel will increase it on the other.

We are all different and 9v is plenty for many but TBH 9v doesn't really cut it for me. For those of us who need a bit more "oomph" the 2B fortunately has the option of plugging in the mains adapter to boost power levels up to 30%. If you're not near a wall socket an external 12v supply has the same effect.

bgguy
Active

Post by bgguy »

Stimaddict wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am
Also bought a cigar lighter adapter to use with it - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174017938835
So is the power port of the 2B "Type A: 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID "?
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

bgguy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 am So is the power port of the 2B "Type A: 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID "?
Because E-Stim Systems do not release that info I can neither confirm or deny that it is correct. I am also unable to say that it works perfectly on my 2B or that the center pin is +ve, or that you need a longer jack plug than usual ;)
estimfun
Developer

Post by estimfun »

Stimaddict wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:16 pm
bgguy wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:34 am So is the power port of the 2B "Type A: 5.5 mm OD, 2.1 mm ID "?
Because E-Stim Systems do not release that info I can neither confirm or deny that it is correct. I am also unable to say that it works perfectly on my 2B or that the center pin is +ve, or that you need a longer jack plug than usual ;)
*Cough* *Cough*
I will say I love that E-Stim Systems shares the commands to control the 2b so that we can write our own custom software/programs that works with it. That's a huge win in my book as a customer. Which keeps me going back and buying their products. They make it easy to use and enjoy their products.
oldnik
Active

Post by oldnik »

Thank you, very useful information.
electrofun
Active

Post by electrofun »

You may also be interested in what I wrote about this: viewtopic.php?p=15222#p15222

In short: 2B max output depends on the supply voltage. More voltage: more power. But be careful: too much voltage: broken 2B!
Ronfire7
Active Developer

Post by Ronfire7 »

The rechargeable lithium ion batteries work well when not on mains as they will hold the voltage well until they drop right off. When charged they will usually show 3/4 power as they have 8.4 volts. The 650mha will last me 3 sessions on a Pebble and 1-2 on the 2B.