Only one channel working in Stereo mode

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
chuzzwuzzer
Active

Only one channel working in Stereo mode

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

For some reason when I connect my MP3 player to the 2b using the supplied stereo cable I'm only getting the A channel working. I have a selection of stimfiles but none of them seem to work on both channels. Both channels work if I'm using the other built in 2b modes. Have the latest firmware. What am I doing wrong ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Only one channel working in Stereo mode

Post by admin »

possibly a cable issue? have you tried a different stereo cable?

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

admin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:01 pm possibly a cable issue? have you tried a different stereo cable?
Also try a different MP3 player or connect through your computer's headphone socket. I once had a similar issue that turned out to be down to the player.
Ohms
Active

Post by Ohms »

I had this issue the first time I hooked mine up. Some wiggling of cables and making sure all the cables were flush plugged in against where they were supposed to be fixed things. It is especially easy to not have cables plugged all the way in on portable devices.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

Another simple test is to plug some headphones / earphones into the 2B and check you're getting sound on both channels. But presumably you've done that?
chuzzwuzzer
Active

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

Turns out it was user error and not a fault lol. I wasn't pressing the plug all the way into the jack. It feels like its fully engaged but it has a few extra mm to click in properly so I'll hold my hands up and admit my mistake :D
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

No worries. I had something similar with an old smartphone I use as an audio source. The case was stopping me inserting the audio lead fully into the jack socket. Took me quite a while to figure out, because it looked like it was fully inserted.