Is there a way to have the 2b automatically increase power level while in stereo mode?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
estimfun
Developer

Is there a way to have the 2b automatically increase power level while in stereo mode?

Post by estimfun »

I'm thinking there isn't a way to do this. I'm trying some stereo stim, but it would be nice to have the 2b increase power-level in channel A or channel B say like every 30 seconds, or something. I'm assuming you can't send audio and commands to the 2b at the same time right? Is the only option at this choice to just manually raise the levels?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to have the 2b automatically increase power level while in stereo mode?

Post by admin »

no, but you could create an audio file with slowing increasing volume and run the 2B at 100%

Si
E-Stim Systems Ltd
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Is there a way to have the 2b automatically increase power level while in stereo mode?

Post by Stimaddict »

Manually raising the levels is the easiest way but you can achieve this effect by editing your audio file then saving the results as a new stimfile.

First download and install WavePad from NCH Software. I recommend this audio editor because it is powerful, easy-to-use and completely free for home use:
https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Play around with WavePad until you get to know it. It has some really great features for editing audio stimfiles.
Three features that are of particular interest to you for this project are:
  • FADE IN - (Effects > Fade In) - allows you to select any section, or even the entire file, to create 'ramp' effects.
  • SPLIT - (Edit > Split File > Split File into its Component Channels) - splits the file for separate R/L editing. Use Edit > Join to recombine the two channels for saving.
  • AMPLIFY - (Effects > Amplify) - allows you to select any section, or the entire file, to alter the amplitude.
Your aim is to produce a new stimfile with built-in ramps on either or both channels as per your requirements. Initially increase the 2B's power level as high as you will need, start the track running and you will have the automatic power increases you are looking for without touching the 2B power knobs.

Good luck :D
Deltus1
Active Developer

Post by Deltus1 »

Stimaddict wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 am Manually raising the levels is the easiest way but you can achieve this effect by editing your audio file then saving the results as a new stimfile.

First download and install WavePad from NCH Software. I recommend this audio editor because it is powerful, easy-to-use and completely free for home use:
https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Play around with WavePad until you get to know it. It has some really great features for editing audio stimfiles.
Three features that are of particular interest to you for this project are:
  • FADE IN - (Effects > Fade In) - allows you to select any section, or even the entire file, to create 'ramp' effects.
  • SPLIT - (Edit > Split File > Split File into its Component Channels) - splits the file for separate R/L editing. Use Edit > Join to recombine the two channels for saving.
  • AMPLIFY - (Effects > Amplify) - allows you to select any section, or the entire file, to alter the amplitude.
Your aim is to produce a new stimfile with built-in ramps on either or both channels as per your requirements. Initially increase the 2B's power level as high as you will need, start the track running and you will have the automatic power increases you are looking for without touching the 2B power knobs.

Good luck :D
Hello, Stimaddict,
I learn a lot from your contributions here, thank you very much for that!

The SW looks very interesting. Very comfortable for me is that there is also a version in German.

What is the difference to Audacity? I have the impression, that both programs do similar things? However, I only looked at the menu of both programs.

Best regards
D.
Greetings Deltus

---
DeepL helps me with the translation.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Deltus1 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm What is the difference to Audacity? I have the impression, that both programs do similar things? However, I only looked at the menu of both programs.
Hi D - 'Audacity' is another good audio editor with the advantage of tone generation. I just think WavePad is easier to use and has a tone generator available as a free plug-in if needed.
chaotM
Active

Post by chaotM »

i have not tested this myself ( getting to know the 2B first ) though this might also be fun / useful to try.

disclaimer, only found the pages did not even test or read it all, just saved it for later review if it seemed useful for "automation" the page claims it has several (free) tools for volume settings, which can be set at specific times, or via scrips.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/automatical ... concierge/

Greetings,

chaot_M