power fade in one channel

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Switcher81
Active

Re: power fade in one channel

Post by Switcher81 »

I had a similar experience of the "power fade" when I crancked up one channel. Yesterday I had an extreme case of this. I was using Audio mode in High Power mode, connected to the mains and set one electrode (A) to about 15% and the other (B) to I increased gradually to 40%. When I wanted to go further with B, I noticed no change in the sensation at all. I increased it to 60% and then I felt an increase again when going up to 80%. However, the increase did not feel like unexpected high. Indeed, it was the feeling I have expected after 40%. So the feeling was roughly:

0% - 40% : linear increase
40% - 60%: no increase
60% - 80%: linear increase (feeling with the same slope as in the 0% - 40% regime)

I find that quite strange, honestly. And no, the Audio file was intensity modulation was not the culprit here (I saw the waveform and checked the frequency during stimming).

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Switcher81> There are many things that affect the perceived intensity of sensation but the main ones are:
  • Size and surface area of electrodes
  • Distance between electrodes (on the same channel)
  • Which nerves you are actually stimulating
  • How often you stim and your mood on that particular day
You mentioned Channel B so I'm guessing you were using a bipolar butt trode. This has a large surface area and very little distance between the two electrode sections. Also the nerves you are stimulating (Inferior Anal Nerve and the Deep Perineal Nerve) generally require more power than, say, the Dorsal Nerve of the penis.
Switcher81
Active

Post by Switcher81 »

Thanks for your answer, Stimaddict. I agree with all you said, with the whole list. Nonetheless none of these properties (electrode size/area, electrode distance, position --> influencing the nerves that are stimulated, my experience or mood) changed during this test. Turning the knob is a matter of seconds, hence the properties in your list can be assumed to be constant. I have checked the audio file while doing that and it was the same stimulation throughout the whole time. I turned the knob up and down multiple times and experienced the same behaviour every time.

Yes, in principle that could be how my nerves work, or how I feel the stimulation. But this is quite strange to me. I cannot think of another system in my body that would react with a linear-plateau-linear behaviour when a certain stimulus is applied. A step function maybe, i.e. that a certain threshold must be achieved before a sensation can be felt.
Stimaddict wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:02 pm Switcher81> There are many things that affect the perceived intensity of sensation but the main ones are:
  • Size and surface area of electrodes
  • Distance between electrodes (on the same channel)
  • Which nerves you are actually stimulating
  • How often you stim and your mood on that particular day
You mentioned Channel B so I'm guessing you were using a bipolar butt trode. This has a large surface area and very little distance between the two electrode sections. Also the nerves you are stimulating (Inferior Anal Nerve and the Deep Perineal Nerve) generally require more power than, say, the Dorsal Nerve of the penis.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Switcher81 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 pm But this is quite strange to me. I cannot think of another system in my body that would react with a linear-plateau-linear behaviour when a certain stimulus is applied. A step function maybe, i.e. that a certain threshold must be achieved before a sensation can be felt.
Estim is not an exact science. No two sessions are exactly alike. There is no 'constant', just an ever-changing set of parameters that you learn to play like a musical instrument.
Also the output is not linear. It follows a 'Map', a programmed curve to make up the difference between actual power output -vs- perceived output.

Try swapping the channel cables, A to B and vice versa, then see how that works out.