Switching outputs?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
Trautaruan
Active

Switching outputs?

Post by Trautaruan »

Hi,

This may have been asked before but I can't find the answer.

I notice when the 2B has either a bad connection to the user (pad getting tired... or even falling off!) It makes an audible buzzing.

Is this hurting the 2B? What causes the buzzing?

The main reason for the question is leading to a further one... can you switch the output on and off (I'm thinking arduino controlled relay) by interrupting "half" of the cable, therefore breaking the circuit?

The basis behind this would be to use the 2B as a consequence for games, like a buzz wire game or even a modified operation game.

Separating the game from the signal definitely seems safest, but whether this is best done as described above or by sending the 2B commands through the interface. (Possibly a bit beyond my comprehension right now!)

Thanks in advance

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Switching outputs?

Post by Stimaddict »

The transformers will sometimes make a slight buzz, particularly under heavier loads, but that's quite normal. Nothing wrong with your unit.
Trautaruan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:54 pm ... can you switch the output on and off (I'm thinking arduino controlled relay) by interrupting "half" of the cable, therefore breaking the circuit?
Yes, sure you can interrupt the output cable with a switch or additional 'volume control', no problem. Bear in mind, however, this may reduce the maximum power available coming through to your trode.