High volume audio blowout?

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
ztim
Active

High volume audio blowout?

Post by ztim »

I'm a new user of the 2B, and after a few tries of tinkering I finally have figured out how to love it. It's great!

But, I'm wondering if the following behavior is normal, because it caused some confusion and frustration in my first few sessions. This applies to "stereo" mode from an audio output device (phone or PC).

I have read in other peoples posts that very high volume from a device causes the screen to flicker on the 2B, that's fine. I also read in the manual that you have to dial in the "sweet spot" where the bar graphs move a lot, around 75% of max.

My issue is in the case where I start with a volume that is say 10% higher than the sweet spot but still below the high-volume flicker level. If I start here, then my 2B seems to not respond properly and two issues arise.

First, the sweet spot pretty much disappears. With either the device volume controls or the audio player, a single increment causes either a change from no signal to too high (0 bars to full bars), making the signal either not there or essentially continuous and not reactive (except for quiet parts).

Second, only one channel is recognized for stereo audio. So if it's a stereo output, only say the left audio channel is outputed by both channel A and B on the box.

The "fix" for this so far has been something like unplugging the audio input AND restarting the 2B box, but I haven't quite nailed down the exact solution.

But now to make it work properly I end up just starting with a very quiet volume and working my way up, making sure I don't go over.

So, is this "normal" behavior or is my box particularly sensitive?

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: High volume audio blowout?

Post by Stimaddict »

ztim wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 pm Second, only one channel is recognized for stereo audio. So if it's a stereo output, only say the left audio channel is outputed by both channel A and B on the box.
I think that is most likely down to your audio player. Otherwise it could possibly be a faulty stereo cable or its plug-in connection.

ztim wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 pm But now to make it work properly I end up just starting with a very quiet volume and working my way up, making sure I don't go over.
That is the right way to do it. Just keep experimenting and try different audio players. I don't think there is anything wrong with your box.

For advice on using audio files in Stereo Mode see this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9670&p=14169#p14169
rubberstim
Active

Post by rubberstim »

Over driven audio is something the 2B does not respond well to. Find it an issue with with Apple hardware especially. Turn it right down to about 40% and then raise the level on each channel. Like previous posters check your cable and that it is pressed in properly. Otherwise you just get channel A.
ztim
Active

Post by ztim »

So the single channel effect only happens when I overdrive (raise the volume) to the point where the 2B screen flickers. Everything stays the same and plugged in. But I'll leave that aside because it's an easy fix - don't go that high, even accidentally.

I'm still having issues with getting the sweet spot. Now I'm constantly dealing with a bar graph that goes from 0-100% instead of bouncing around in the middle, below 75%. Which makes many sensations feel like repetitive shocks instead of waves. I made a post about benchmarking that I hope will lead to clarificationffor all.

Could it have something to do with the audio output? Something else I've noticediis that channel B always has like 2 bars (lines on the bar graph) when it's plugged in with nothing playing. I'm considering buying a portable thumb-sized USB DAC to plug in to instead.
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

ztim wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:00 pm I'm still having issues with getting the sweet spot. Now I'm constantly dealing with a bar graph that goes from 0-100% instead of bouncing around in the middle, below 75%. Which makes many sensations feel like repetitive shocks instead of waves. I made a post about benchmarking that I hope will lead to clarificationffor all.
From your other post I see you are using the beta version 2.118b. For now go back to 2.106 while you experiment because it's more stable.
You should try another audio player, preferably a handheld MP3 player if you have access to one.
ztim
Active

Post by ztim »

Thanks for your suggestions, StimAddict. I had this issue with 2.106 and switched to 2.118 for troubleshooting purposes.

I think I figured it out. I was considering playing with EQ because I noticed that the "squeeze" stim file that is available from the site/CD/USB (not the built in routine) feels like repeated sharp jolts. These jolts coincide with the low frequency parts of the file. I also read another post about being to sensitive to low freq input.

Before I touched EQ, to reduce the levels of low frequencies, I went through all of the window sound settings to turn every enhancement and effect off. Two of them being a Dolby Digital thing and some sonic headphone setting for Windows.

That appears to have fixed the issue, as last night everything worked perfectly. I had a nice range of volume from the PC that the 2B responded well to, and she squeeze.mp3 file also worked well in that I could feel all parts of it. So it looks like there was some heavy processing being done that was imperceptible to headphones but actually made a big difference.

This is all tentative for now. I need to play around some more to makes sure this is correct, but that may be a while. Maybe I'll make a post about it to help others in the future.
suso13
Active

Post by suso13 »

Hello, I am practically new to the Series 2B.
You comment that you have problems with the volume in stereo, I comment as I do, a colleague put how to do it gently, I followed those tips, and I can say that they were very good.
My routine is, head crest on the back of the head, crest on the penis trunk as low as possible without touching balls and back, and a two-way anal insert.
First I do 10-15 minutes with Trob, starting with 10 on channel A-B and going up a little, arriving at A which is the member at 20 and B at 25-30 (I do not touch the frequency is at 50)
Then I go to Stereo, I get Stim54 I think it is, and there is a warm-up, starting A-B 8-10, it lasts about 15 minutes, at the end of the controls they are at 12-16 (the frequency is at 50)
And finally I have two favorites, that circulates around here and thank the people who share their alludas. I usually wear Bastarda or Megamix. In my case I start with 5 in the two channels, going up little by little, and at the end, which is not more than 8-10 minutes, the two channels are in A 10 and B 12 (the frequency left it from start to 65)
I expect to have oriented you a little. greetings and thanks