Channel A not working

The most versatile and user friendly E-Stim control unit available today. If you want More Power, More Control, and more fun, then the 2B is the one you want.
hhvfd1
Active

Channel A not working

Post by hhvfd1 »

hello all, im not getting any signal out of channel A in stereo mode. the blue light comes on when volume is turned up but no bars across the top or signal felt. Does anyone have any ideas what to check? signal is working on built in modes but not stereo mode.

Stimaddict
Active Developer

Re: Channel A not working

Post by Stimaddict »

First plug a pair of headphones into your audio device and play the stimfile. Can you hear sound in both earpieces?

If you can hear sound coming through both speakers, plug one end of your audio cable into the headphone socket and the other end into your 2B.
Select 'Stereo Mode' and play the file with your device volume set around 70% of maximum. On the 2B can you see *both* audio bars (at the top of the LCD display) moving to the track?
hhvfd1
Active

Post by hhvfd1 »

Stimaddict,,im getting sound out of both speakers and when I plug the audio cable back up again I am only getting bars on channel b on lcd.i used a different audio cable and still the same. if I pull the audio cable out of its socket on the 2b just a fraction I get bars on both channels like im supposed to. thanks again
hhvfd1
Active

Post by hhvfd1 »

something in the socket is not making contact
Stimaddict
Active Developer

Post by Stimaddict »

Yes, as you've tried headphones and two different audio cables then it does point to the input socket on your 2B.
I'd suggest you email E-Stim Systems Customer Services - info@e-stim.co.uk
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I had the same problem with my 2B when in Stereo Mode but in reverse. Pushing the jack of the supplied audio cable all the way in resulted in just channel A, pulling it slightly back out got me channel B and only a few times would I get both channels together. But as soon as I let go of the audio plug, it would go back to just channel A. After playing with this and getting too frustrated, I went to my local "electronics store" (an Office supply store of all places!) and purchased a higher-end audio connecting cable with gold-connectors. Low and behold, the replacement cable worked perfectly. Now I get both channels when I plug in to the 2B without having to fart around with the cable.

The plan with all of this was to see if the problem was with the supplied audio cable or the 2B unit.
californiarob

Post by californiarob »

My socket is a little finicky, need to press it very firmly.
hhvfd1
Active

Post by hhvfd1 »

Thanks for all the posts from you good people, I wound up sending my 2b back for repairs. Mick and his team have been really nice to me. In just three days from the time I dropped it off at the ups store till the time it was repaired and sent back to me shows how much e-stim cares about their customers. I want to thank Mick personally for putting up with all my emails I sent him.
mrbutt89
Active Developer

Post by mrbutt89 »

I'm pleased your experience of customer support was the same as mine when I had a problem a few years back. It's good to know of a company that really looks after its valuable customers. I've always said that the after-sales service is one of the 2B's big advantages.
KayEstim
Staff

Post by KayEstim »

I am glad that we were able to sort this problem out for you and that you have had a great experience with our support.

It is unfortunately not always the case and we do get the odd customer who expects us to bend completely over backwards for them just because they want us to. We will always do our best but just because someone wants us to replace a unit does not mean we will, and equally if you send a 'defective' unit to us and we can't find anything wrong with it, does not mean that we did nothing and just sent it back, and it also doesn't mean that you should have had a replacement unit just because you say it was faulty. We can only fix issues that we find, and in the absence of an fault being found we will return a unit. This is not an excuse to then threaten us with 'social media' claiming that we have done nothing and then demanding that we simply replace the unit like we should have done in the first place. We are a business and we have had customers claim faults with units return them to us and we test it find nothing wrong with it and return it, to then get a response saying thanks for fixing my unit. Not every customer is right and I believe we are probably the experts with our products so to tell us we do not know what we are doing or that we do not care about our customers can wear thin on our good will, so it is nice to see some positive feedback from customers.

We never want a unit to fail and when it does we do our very best, as in this case, to resolve the problem as quickly as we can with the least amount of fuss, it is not always possible, but once again it is always nice to know that we have done a good job in sorting out a problem, and please believe me we value every customers, no matter how much they have spent, or if they have bought a unit from one of our resellers or even a second hand unit, we will always value them and do our very best to help where we can.
Kay
Sales Director
E-Stim Systems